Beechwood 70 Newport Central Catholic 7

theguru

2 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Again you are defending Beechwood as if they never did anything wrong.  Come on man trust me I guarantee stuff was going back and forth.  

Very much could’ve been. But the flag was called on NCC. So officially it wasn’t. 

9 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

I’ve never been one to be upset about running score up. Going to sit there and kneel for the last 8 minutes? Let the JV guys get some reps. Which is what they did. Seems to be an excuse to me for how bad they put it on them. 

I’m all for the 2nd team continuing to score, it’s on the defense to stop them. However, going for two at the end is a bit much. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

I’ve never been one to be upset about running score up. Going to sit there and kneel for the last 8 minutes? Let the JV guys get some reps. Which is what they did. Seems to be an excuse to me for how bad they put it on them. 

Is going for 2 for the backups benefit?  Like an onside kick up 50.

Sounds like a question to ask Noel Rash then. I don’t have the answer. Everyone’s a critic and you can’t make everyone happy. End of the day the score is the score. You can’t change it. Once again. Best of luck to the breds on their playoff run. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Morgan said:

NCC took a knee instead of kicking PAT

Staying out of the drama, but I'm less of a fan of taking a knee on the PAT when you're up big, then I am of going for two.  I always felt that was well intentioned, but looked bad.  Just my thoughts.

• Thanks 1