Beechwood 70 Newport Central Catholic 7

theguru

3 minutes ago, The Raven said:

It will never happen because it is WAY to subjective, but I was always in favor of a moving running clock.  If the game officials and both coaches know at 21-0 or so that its not going to be a competitive game, start the running clock.   Would stop outrageously lopsided scores.

No way you can start a running clock at 21 point margin. We have seen many games that were 45-30 which I am sure had a team with a 21 point lead. I do wonder why 36 is the number. It used to be higher, perhaps 45? If you made it 35, that is a 5 TD margin. At 36, a team has to go for 2 on one of the TD's to get the running clock. We have seen in this thread how going for 2 can run people the wrong way. My vote would be running clock at 35. 

On the 70 points, it is a thin line that gets walked often in these games. Do you tell the back ups to take it easy? Do you just take a knee? Does that make the losing team feel better? I wonder if Beechwood takes a knee on the extra point at 68-7, does everyone say good job quitting? 

Beechwood has scored 60+ points in a game 33 times under Coach Rash. The Tigers have scored 69 three times. I can't tell you how many times I have seen phantom holding calls on a TD run by a Beechwood player to keep the score down. Yes, Beechwood asked refs to throw a flag if they scored to keep the score down. When that happened, I usually felt bad for the player who scored the TD more than I felt good that they kept the score at 63 instead of 70. 

Tonight Beechwood didn't ask a ref to throw a flag on a TD run. They didn't take a knee and quit trying to score. They let the backups play. After all I have seen them do over the years to keep scores low, I am not going to question them scoring 70 in this one.

• Like 1

The best part about this thread is everything being complained about is “fairly” accurate and warranted on both sides in my opinion. 😆

Two very good teams, one clearly better than the other on the field tonight. Both should make nice playoff runs and are contenders for a title in their class. Good luck to both. Thoughts go out to anyone injured, you never want to see that, especially week 11 , non district game, that truly has no bearing on the season and probably didn’t help either in the RPI .

If they continue the series, I’d love to see it week 4 or 5, not before playoffs, I don’t see the benefit to either team on any year. 

- A Breds Dad

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ken Morgan said:

NCC took a knee instead of kicking PAT

OH Really ????

Aren't these your updates from the NCC v Ludlow thread?

Ken Morgan

• Premium Member
  •  
  • Premium Members
  • 1,221 posts
  • Author
  •  

Ryan Barth with 9 Extra point kicks

Took a knee? Which is it? 

Still want to stick with this one?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

OH Really ????

Aren't these your updates from the NCC v Ludlow thread?

Ken Morgan

• Premium Member
  •  
  • Premium Members
  • 1,221 posts
  • Author
  •  

Ryan Barth with 9 Extra point kicks

Took a knee? Which is it? 

Still want to stick with this one?

I think they did take a knee when they scored a TD to make it 69. If they kick the extra point, it would have been 70.

That said, if Beechwood did take a knee at 68 instead of running in a 2 point conversion, there would still be complaints in this thread about something.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeTuck33 said:

The best part about this thread is everything being complained about is “fairly” accurate and warranted on both sides in my opinion. 😆

Two very good teams, one clearly better than the other on the field tonight. Both should make nice playoff runs and are contenders for a title in their class. Good luck to both. Thoughts go out to anyone injured, you never want to see that, especially week 11 , non district game, that truly has no bearing on the season and probably didn’t help either in the RPI .

If they continue the series, I’d love to see it week 4 or 5, not before playoffs, I don’t see the benefit to either team on any year. 

- A Breds Dad

I was chatting with one of my Beechwood Buddies tonight and he thought NCC was a solid 1A football team that should go far in the playoffs. 

I do like the idea of playing the game earlier in the season but the Beechwood graduate in me wants to play some bigger class schools.  For example, nothing against Corbin because they are awesome, but Beechwood and Campbell County should be playing each other.  I would like to see Beechwood play Boone County too. 

Even if we weren't living in a RPI world, Beechwood and NCC are better off not playing each other at the current time. 

• Like 2

Just now, Scooby2323 said:

When a NCC parent yells “how does that feel to be hit back hard Noel” as Avery Courtney lays on the field hurt, that shows the class shown in the stands tonight.   

I just got another text about that, make it stop. 

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

I was chatting with one of my Beechwood Buddies tonight and he thought NCC was a solid 1A football team that should go far in the playoffs. 

I do like the idea of playing the game earlier in the season but the Beechwood graduate in me wants to play some bigger class schools.  For example, nothing against Corbin because they are awesome, but Beechwood and Campbell County should be playing each other.  I would like to see Beechwood play Boone County too. 

Even if we weren't living in a RPI world, Beechwood and NCC are better off not playing each other at the current time. 

The question is would Boone and Campbell play Beechwood? I seriously doubt they would. 

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

Actually Beechwood and Corbin playing this year would be one heck of a matchup if they had played. 

1 minute ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Actually Beechwood and Corbin playing this year would be one heck of a matchup if they had played. 

After watching Corbin tonight I think Beechwood would roll over Corbin but I agree the matchup looks good on paper.