Beechwood 70 Newport Central Catholic 7

theguru

10 minutes ago, Miller said:

Staying out of the drama, but I'm less of a fan of taking a knee on the PAT when you're up big, then I am of going for two.  I always felt that was well intentioned, but looked bad.  Just my thoughts.

Agree, but going for 2 is never the answer.

11 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

He did get hurt. Looked to be ankle. Next two weeks we won’t really NEED him. So he will have plenty of time to rest. 

You probably won’t need him until the semis. 

Who are we probably going to play in the third round? I have heard either Walton Verona or maybe even Middlesboro. 

8 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

You probably won’t need him until the semis. 

Who are we probably going to play in the third round? I have heard either Walton Verona or maybe even Middlesboro. 

Sadly I just heard that it might be his ACL and done for the season. Hate to hear that for him. Tough kid. He will be missed. 

• Sad 1

Guys, two of the 2 point conversion attempts were the result of muffed snaps to the holder. JV came in and NCC had zero answers stopping the running game. And did ya ever think the BW kicker, a soccer player BTw, maybe needed a break?  Just saying, lighten up Francis…….

on a positive note, how about this Zander Riegler kid for BW. Kid runs downhill, and hard. Name to follow in years to come. He is dominating these running clock games against mostly 1st team defenders. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

I talked to someone else from Beechwood and they said both fan bases are... 🤷‍♀️

I heard some very embarrassing fans on both sides tonight, if that is what you are referencing. It was honestly embarrassing at times. And people wonder why we can’t get enough officials the way some of these parents/families act. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoudenSwain said:

I heard some very embarrassing fans on both sides tonight, if that is what you are referencing. It was honestly embarrassing at times. And people wonder why we can’t get enough officials the way some of these parents/families act. 

Very similar to what I heard.

Society is on a slow slide down and we see it everywhere. 

• Like 3