Franklin County vs. Boyle County Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)

WestDanville

Who will be the 4A Stare Champion?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 4A Stare Champion?

• Boyle County
    • Franklin County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 12:15 AM

While not the matchup everyone predicted all year it may prove to be the most exciting matchup of the state title games. Franklin County (9-1) enters this game coming off of a 20-12 win over Johnson Central who spent all season ranked #1 in 4A. Boyle County (10-0) comes in off of a 55-0 beatdown of Hopkinsville. The chatter around this game is already about the high powered offense both teams possess. Franklin County features one of if not the best QB, WR duo in the state in QB Nick Broyles and WR Fred Farrier. Boyle features RB Will McDaniel along with QB Jagger Gillis and WRs Cole Lanter and Luke Shepperson. While most expect a high scoring affair we should not be shocked if this turns out to be a defensive showdown. Both squads feature a defense that give up less than 2 scores a game. It’s no secret that to beat Boyle it has to be through the air and that is exactly the offense the Flyers bring to the table. Who do you have winning the 4A title in what should be one heck of a game?

image.thumb.png.f2b8802c3b1e7e4b7e7f109be8f0019c.png

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Franklin County vs Boyle County Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)
  • theguru changed the title to Franklin County vs. Boyle County Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)

Franklin County is just the second team in the six class era to make the 4A state finals after suffering a loss in district play, with both times that resulting in them entering the postseason as a 2 seed.  The other was Johnson Central in 2017, after they lost to Ashland in a stunner in the regular season.  To put in other terms, the 28 state finalists in 4A since the start of the six class system have combined for exactly two losses in district play.  You'd have to go back to 2003 in the old AAAA of the four class system to find the last time a "4A" school won state after suffering a district loss and not entering the postseason as a 1 seed, that being Trinity after suffering a loss to Seneca.  So history is against Franklin County on that.

Also of historical note, the last four teams to win 4A and seven of the last eight champions were teams that had played in the previous state finals.  What's more, three of the last four champions and five of the last seven champions lost the title game the year before.  Boyle County, checks both boxes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, DearToday said:

People are sleeping on Franklin too much.. 

15 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I don’t think it’s that so much as it’s a huge respect for BC. 

I'm with you @TheDeuce, I think it is the respect for BC.  But you can believe the Rebels are not sleeping on Franklin Co..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DearToday said:

People are sleeping on Franklin too much.. 

It’s no secret that I’m a Boyle guy....I can assure you no one around here is sleeping on Franklin. We know they excel at our kryptonite and will have our work cut out for us. Not only will they be the best Offense we have seen this year, they will boast the best D as well.