Franklin County vs. Boyle County Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)

WestDanville

Who will be the 4A Stare Champion?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 4A Stare Champion?

• Boyle County
    • Franklin County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 12:15 AM

4 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Kinda shocked that it's 83% to 17% in the polls.  I don't ever vote in these polls as I am biased. Thought after a win at Central and Johnson Central maybe 50/50 or even 60/40 but not 83/17.  

I think it is very difficult for anyone to pick against Boyle County in a game like this. 

24 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think it is very difficult for anyone to pick against Boyle County in a game like this. 

I honestly don't know why. I would think of this from a college coach perspective. There is not a receiver that plays for Boyle that would start for FC. Two of the O-Linemen at FC would play over the 5 kids at Boyle if they were there. QB goes to Broyles and RB is a push at best. On defense 2 D-Linemen for Boyle would start at FC and that's it. If #87 from FC had not played soccer til last year, he would have signed on a much higher level and he's gonna be 6-6 260 before it's over. The LB core of FC would get picked in a draft between college coaches before the Boyle kids. The Mattison kid has been a different level of LB that FC hasn't had since the early 90s and in reality he's playing out of position for the sake of the team. In the secondary, one DB at Boyle is better than what FC has and not close to Farrier or Claudio. It will be the best game of the weekend because of the jacked up way the KHSAA does the playoffs now but put these kids tape on in front of college coaches and DO NOT tell them what high school they play for and the college coaches as a majority would take the kids from Franklin County 3-1. I will say the special teams nod goes to Boyle and Coach Hester coaching his last game as the DC at Boyle will matter. That being said, FC wins by 10 and in all honesty the score may not surprise a lot of people after seeing these two teams in person standing next to each other.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, corners in said:

I honestly don't know why. I would think of this from a college coach perspective. There is not a receiver that plays for Boyle that would start for FC. Two of the O-Linemen at FC would play over the 5 kids at Boyle if they were there. QB goes to Broyles and RB is a push at best. On defense 2 D-Linemen for Boyle would start at FC and that's it. If #87 from FC had not played soccer til last year, he would have signed on a much higher level and he's gonna be 6-6 260 before it's over. The LB core of FC would get picked in a draft between college coaches before the Boyle kids. The Mattison kid has been a different level of LB that FC hasn't had since the early 90s and in reality he's playing out of position for the sake of the team. In the secondary, one DB at Boyle is better than what FC has and not close to Farrier or Claudio. It will be the best game of the weekend because of the jacked up way the KHSAA does the playoffs now but put these kids tape on in front of college coaches and DO NOT tell them what high school they play for and the college coaches as a majority would take the kids from Franklin County 3-1. I will say the special teams nod goes to Boyle and Coach Hester coaching his last game as the DC at Boyle will matter. That being said, FC wins by 10 and in all honesty the score may not surprise a lot of people after seeing these two teams in person standing next to each other.

Thanks for all that @corners in and I can't wait to watch this game. 

9 minutes ago, corners in said:

Big time scoop, if true on Coach Hester's last game.  I know his son is a SR., but haven't heard that verified anywhere.  Coach Hester has been a staple for Boyle County Football.

15 minutes ago, corners in said:

Where to start on this? First, nobody on here was walking about picking Boyle due to superior players, as every comment I have seen has been about the fact that Boyle is experienced in this game. This is the 11th appearance in 21 years, so I believe that is where everyone is getting their opinion. I love that you bring up Coach Hester as I had a lengthy conversation with him yesterday (no Indication he is retiring, but that's not the point). He and I spoke about the former days when we came into these games as the underdog and how nice it was for teams to underestimate us. So now I know where I am going with this. I want to say thank you because you have given me that feeling once again, and there is nothing like it, nothing like being underestimated. Good Luck to Both teams this should be an amazing game as both are exceptional.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

Where to start on this? First, nobody on here was walking about picking Boyle due to superior players, as every comment I have seen has been about the fact that Boyle is experienced in this game. This is the 11th appearance in 21 years, so I believe that is where everyone is getting their opinion. I love that you bring up Coach Hester as I had a lengthy conversation with him yesterday (no Indication he is retiring, but that's not the point). He and I spoke about the former days when we came into these games as the underdog and how nice it was for teams to underestimate us. So now I know where I am going with this. I want to say thank you because you have given me that feeling once again, and there is nothing like it, nothing like being underestimated. Good Luck to Both teams this should be an amazing game as both are exceptional.

I'm not underestimating anyone and no disrespect intended.  I think the world of a lot of people on both sides in this game. I just don't see the fear of picking Franklin County. I'm just giving my two cents about if I were recruiting these kids, Franklin County is tremendously slept on just because of the perception of the fans and even college coaches at times. Both teams have great players but these cats from Franklin County would fight a circle saw in hurricane force winds with a number 2 led pencil. I think they are a mission and I think they've been on that mission for quite some time. Best of luck to both teams!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, corners in said:

I'm not underestimating anyone and no disrespect intended.  I think the world of a lot of people on both sides in this game. I just don't see the fear of picking Franklin County. I'm just giving my two cents about if I were recruiting these kids, Franklin County is tremendously slept on just because of the perception of the fans and even college coaches at times. Both teams have great players but these cats from Franklin County would fight a circle saw in hurricane force winds with a number 2 led pencil. I think they are a mission and I think they've been on that mission for quite some time. Best of luck to both teams!

They sound pretty tough! 🙂

• Haha 1