Franklin County vs. Boyle County Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)

WestDanville

Who will be the 4A Stare Champion?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 4A Stare Champion?

• Boyle County
    • Franklin County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 12:15 AM

3 minutes ago, corners in said:

I'm not underestimating anyone and no disrespect intended.  I think the world of a lot of people on both sides in this game. I just don't see the fear of picking Franklin County. I'm just giving my two cents about if I were recruiting these kids, Franklin County is tremendously slept on just because of the perception of the fans and even college coaches at times. Both teams have great players but these cats from Franklin County would fight a circle saw in hurricane force winds with a number 2 led pencil. I think they are a mission and I think they've been on that mission for quite some time. Best of luck to both teams!

I don't think you could go wrong picking either team in this game, but we have heard numerous times how an underdog was going to beat Boyle County and it didn't happen. Regardless of what any poll on an online message board says, no one in the BC camp is taking FC lightly. 

I think BC pulls it out, but it would be pretty awesome to see County bring a title back to Cap City. 

4 hours ago, corners in said:

I honestly don't know why. I would think of this from a college coach perspective. There is not a receiver that plays for Boyle that would start for FC. Two of the O-Linemen at FC would play over the 5 kids at Boyle if they were there. QB goes to Broyles and RB is a push at best. On defense 2 D-Linemen for Boyle would start at FC and that's it. If #87 from FC had not played soccer til last year, he would have signed on a much higher level and he's gonna be 6-6 260 before it's over. The LB core of FC would get picked in a draft between college coaches before the Boyle kids. The Mattison kid has been a different level of LB that FC hasn't had since the early 90s and in reality he's playing out of position for the sake of the team. In the secondary, one DB at Boyle is better than what FC has and not close to Farrier or Claudio. It will be the best game of the weekend because of the jacked up way the KHSAA does the playoffs now but put these kids tape on in front of college coaches and DO NOT tell them what high school they play for and the college coaches as a majority would take the kids from Franklin County 3-1. I will say the special teams nod goes to Boyle and Coach Hester coaching his last game as the DC at Boyle will matter. That being said, FC wins by 10 and in all honesty the score may not surprise a lot of people after seeing these two teams in person standing next to each other.

Thanks for the article. Every Boyle player will have a copy of this to digest between now and game time tomorrow. By the way, where have these FC supermen been for the last two years?

• Like 4

I’m with you Brown. Think I’ll vote Franklin County.   After all,  how could we win tomorrow against a team with so much more talent at each position.  Special teams alone is not going to get it done.

Good thing football is a TEAM sport and not based on college coaches individual talent. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rebel said:

I’m with you Brown. Think I’ll vote Franklin County.   After all,  how could we win tomorrow against a team with so much more talent at each position.  Special teams alone is not going to get it done.

Good thing football is a TEAM sport and not based on college coaches individual talent. 

👊

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rebel said:

I know a team with a ton of talent who’s sitting at home this week, I think they’re in 5A.  You’re only as strong as your weakest link.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Rebel said:

I said IF they are that talented as described.  Plus they whipped a circle saw in Hurricane Irma.  So I’m glad you’re with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think it's any big secret about Coach Hester.  He would be the last person to ever draw attention to himself and away from the players.  He has been the anchor at that school for a while. He has been there since BC's 3rd state title I believe.  He stayed there when Chuck left, when Pardue was the head man, when Larry French came, when Chuck came back and now with Coach Haddix. The players that he's coached have not had a better friend or supporter but don't think he has been easy on them.  If there is one person in their lives that has held them accountable it's him.  He doesn't sugar coat things and say what they want him to say.  If his son wasn't a SR. he probably would have left with Chuck.  So I fully expect tomorrow to be his last game but again, I'm sure he'd be the last person to want to talk about it this week. 

The Rebels are my guys.  Always will be.  I've seen them beat more talented teams and I've seen them lose games I didn't think they should lose.  I hope they give their best effort of the year and are able to bring it home.  Please no turnovers.  If they get beat by a better team and our effort was as good as could be then that's fine.  Someone has to lose.  Both teams have worked countless hours and worked their butts off.  I hate that either has to lose but that's why we play, right?  Hopefully the Rebels can overcome their decided disadvantage. 

• Like 3

Only one Flyer truly knows how well the rebels play at Playoff time and that is Moorman. He is an athlete and former BCMS Eagle. I hope Franklin is every bit as talented as mentioned because it should be a great game. With Gillis transferring it put the rebels on top. I take Boyle by at-least 3 td's. I just think they are a top 5 team in the state from coaching staff to water boys the program is strong. Strap those pads on tight Flyers you are going to need it.  Lets get it! 

I have a funny feeling about this one...

Everything in me says Haddix gets over the hump. With that said, this seems like one of those games that 20 years from now someone says the phrase "Totally forgot Franklin County beat Boyle to win a title in 2020! That was a special team."

37 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

I have a funny feeling about this one...

Everything in me says Haddix gets over the hump. With that said, this seems like one of those games that 20 years from now someone says the phrase "Totally forgot Franklin County beat Boyle to win a title in 2020! That was a special team."

I'm kind of feeling the same way... looking back at the past few weeks, Franklin Co laid a beat down on Central, @ Central (no easy task), and won last week against a very good Johnson Central team that many thought would be here this week. Its their first time in the dig dance and they've got something to prove. 

With Boyle, no doubt a really good team but I am curious how this post season has affected them. First round bye, almost an upset to a team they handily beat in the regular season, another bye, really a non-competitive game, now here.

I voted for Boyle in the poll but I think this has the potential to be an upset.

Just now, WCardinal said:

I'm kind of feeling the same way... looking back at the past few weeks, Franklin Co laid a beat down on Central, @ Central (no easy task), and won last week against a very good Johnson Central team that many thought would be here this week. Its their first time in the dig dance and they've got something to prove. 

With Boyle, no doubt a really good team but I am curious how this post season has affected them. First round bye, almost an upset to a team they handily beat in the regular season, another bye, really a non-competitive game, now here.

I voted for Boyle in the poll but I think this has the potential to be an upset.

It's like looking at horse racing past performances.

Boyle lost the Breeder's Cup by a nose and has won several Stakes races handily since and the horse that beat them is not in the race. They are certainly the class of the field with a million dollar pedigree. With that said, they had a long layoff and barely won their main prep race. 

Franklin County struggled to break their Maiden and struggled learning how to leave the gate but suddenly has been training with a bullet and had monster figures in their past two G1 victories.

• Like 1