Open Job: Highlands

theguru

5 hours ago, barrel said:

I don’t really have a list of reasons honestly. At Male of course he has to make it through T every year so switching jobs where it sounds like they would be 4A might be appealing. Wolfe has been a little vocal about the JCPS this season I believe but this season is an outlier in many ways. 

There are of course some appealing reasons I’m sure but are they enough to entice Wolfe to come. I’m just not sure that there are.  I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some reasons that either he wouldn’t want to come or would want to come that many of us just aren’t aware of. 

This is a pretty big hire I feel for HHS. If they were to get Wolfe and it doesn’t workout the way either party really want/thought it would then I think the job becomes less appealing to many. I don’t know where the next coach will come from. It’s an unique job that will require a special type of person. 

If he’s going to make a move, then this is good time to do it, since interest rates are low and property taxes going up in Louisville. I’m not sure if he lives in Jefferson County or not so tax may or may not be issue.

• Like 1

Would BW be a DC candidate in Ft. Thomas, or is he wanting to move on?  I could understand, if he wants to move on, but, obviously he was one of the best in the state for a long, long time.  He and Wolfe were classmates - any insight on their relationship?    I could also understand that a new coach would want no part of any potential baggage, but, if Wolfe and BW are tight, would there be a fit?  This of course assumes Wolfe is interested.

If H is no longer in the cards, does BW want to coach again?  Seems like a great get for someone, at least as a DC, if not a second chance as HC.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Brian told the kids that he would be coaching against them next year.  He would be a good DC for the new coach but don’t think that will happen.  

On the coaching search, I am hearing some interesting names that HAVE applied.

What ya got?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

I heard Homer Rice is coming back to do it.

He runs the option from under center so he’s out. Which is good for HHS opponents because no one wants to prepare for that and his swing back offense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Brian told the kids that he would be coaching against them next year.  He would be a good DC for the new coach but don’t think that will happen.  

On the coaching search, I am hearing some interesting names that HAVE applied.

Actually what he told the players is that he didn’t know what he would be doing, he could be watching hallmark movies, he could be going to college games with his wife, he could be coaching in another state, somewhere in the state, or opposite sidelines, he had no idea yet what he would be doing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Lions Paw said:

I heard the selection committee to hire the new head coach has been set. Interviews expected to begin early next week.

The "selection" committee doesn't have the authority to hire or have the final say despite what some may think.  The "head coach search committee" will conduct the interviews and vetting process and will deliver their recommendations to the higher ups. 

This shall be interesting to say the least.