Open Job: Highlands

theguru

1 hour ago, Sweeperboy said:

Again, let’s be clear on this subject, this group of people are not “the hiring committee” but are simply doing interviews, collecting information  and recommending candidates. 

Correct they don’t make the final call on who is hired, but they are VERY influential to the final decision.  That’s how “hiring committees/“interview panels”  work.

There are people on the “hiring committee” using that terminology.

7 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

A creative, newly developed position 

I didn’t know how creative HHS would be. Mueller of course taught chemistry I believe and BW was already there. I have no clue before that what the teaching positions were or how that worked before in hiring. Some school systems hands are tied a little when hiring (in most cases those hands are tied on their own). The type of position created and the expectations of that position can be a little complex. How that is handled could say a lot about the position of the school and the district. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

Correct they don’t make the final call on who is hired, but they are VERY influential to the final decision.  That’s how “hiring committees/“interview panels”  work.

Noted but wrong.

57 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

12 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Noted but wrong.

11 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

What exactly is wrong?

Reading between the lines I think Sweeperboy is saying that in reality, the people who are going to make the final call on who gets hired at HHS don't value the opinion or recommendation of their hiring committee.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Reading between the lines I think Sweeperboy is saying that in reality, the people who are going to make the final call on who gets hired at HHS don't value the opinion or recommendation of their hiring committee.

Then why waste their time.  I guess it would just be for show if their opinions are not valued.

Some of them on the “committee” are DONORS and they valued their opinions when not renewing Coach Weinrich’s contract.

Kinda seems like talking out of both sides of their mouths to me.....

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Care to elaborate?

I agree with you on the question of why if all coaches were not “renewed” and are waiting to be interviewed by the new HC.

Maybe he is being considered a “teacher” on the committee. 

But there were many other “teachers” on the coaching staff too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

Again, let’s be clear on this subject, this group of people are not “the hiring committee” but are simply doing interviews, collecting information  and recommending candidates. 

Ok I will play. Who has the final say?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

Then why waste their time.  I guess it would just be for show if their opinions are not valued.

Some of them on the “committee” are DONORS and they valued their opinions when not renewing Coach Weinrich’s contract.

Kinda seems like talking out of both sides of their mouths to me.....

Let’s be clear as this is obviously aimed at me. Nobody said the committee voice and opinion isn’t valued. 

And no it’s not a waste of time, these folks on this committee are trying to fix the train wreck that the previous staff left behind. My God my friend, this is Highlands and we will knock the windows out to make sure the committee hires the right coach and staff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Let’s be clear as this is obviously aimed at me. Nobody said the committee voice and opinion isn’t valued. 

And no it’s not a waste of time, these folks on this committee are trying to fix the train wreck that the previous staff left behind. My God my friend, this is Highlands and we will knock the windows out to make sure the committee hires the right coach and staff.

Train wreck?  Based on social media of current players & recent players, it sure didn’t sound like they thought their program & experiences were a train wreck.  And, the players who showed up at the Principal's office to express they were very upset with the decision of them getting a new coach doesn’t say train wreck either.