Open Job: Highlands

theguru

15 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Heard a rumor about a "For Sale" sign that popped up in a yard in Louisville.

14 hours ago, colonel-fan said:

Done deal...

😂😂😂

Somebody wire some money into a bank account too? Maybe buy a horse farm in Ft. Thomas?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

😂😂😂

Somebody wire some money into a bank account too? Maybe buy a horse farm in Ft. Thomas?

Obviously there's a ha-yuge grain of salt to be taken with every "for sale sign" story (if I posted something every time I got a PM on here or a text about a for sale sign in relation to one of our open job threads I'd lose all credibility). 

Just speaking in terms of this job though, in relation to Wolfe, there are plenty of horse farms around northern Kentucky. Fort Thomas is all of like 15 miles and 20 minutes from Alexandria, and there are plenty of farms and properties capable of boarding/raising horses down closer to Campbell County High School. And look a little east Alexandria at Camp Springs/Ross/Melbourne, and there are tons of farms and big properties like that - shorter drive than the Alexandria area too.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 2:52 PM, THUNDERBIRDS said:

My list of Highlands Guys......

Chris Wolfe (Lou Male)

Jeff Barth (Walton Verona)

Steve Lickert (Newport Central Catholic)

Mike Mitchell (WHY NOT) Other than not having Head Coaching Experience. But he would be my 1st call to Coach my DB's if I'm hired at any School. Dude knows the game!

Bert Bathiany (Wittenburg University)

I am getting to this conversation late but I love that you brought up Bert Bathiany. Big leader on the '04 state team. Played at Ohio Northern and Dennison. Has coached at WKU,  Lindsey Wilson, Dennison, and is now at Tiffin. What i find most interesting about Bert being a potential candidate is his background as a strength coach at WKU and his the fact that he is a 5th generation HHS guy... 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I am getting to this conversation late but I love that you brought up Bert Bathiany. Big leader on the '04 state team. Played at Ohio Northern and Dennison. Has coached at WKU,  Lindsey Wilson, Dennison, and is now at Tiffin. What i find most interesting about Bert being a potential candidate is his background as a strength coach at WKU and his the fact that he is a 5th generation HHS guy... 

Yeah sorry I meant Tiffin. No clue where I got Wittenburg. But yes, I threw that name out there because it may attract a young Coach like Bert back to Ft Thomas. Both him and his Wife are home grown. And Bert has the Background and Experience to support his Resume. Again, time will tell! But no it’s not a done Deal as someone stated above. Several targets are still trying to Win Championships. Wide open!

10 hours ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

Yeah sorry I meant Tiffin. No clue where I got Wittenburg. But yes, I threw that name out there because it may attract a young Coach like Bert back to Ft Thomas. Both him and his Wife are home grown. And Bert has the Background and Experience to support his Resume. Again, time will tell! But no it’s not a done Deal as someone stated above. Several targets are still trying to Win Championships. Wide open!

When you say targets does that mean you feel HHS is reaching out to coaches or do you say targets as in individuals that the fan base would like to see? 

I asked this before and didn’t get an answer. Is style of play a factor? Would the  individuals doing the hiring consider someone that runs say the flexbone, wing-t or similar offenses? Groups tend to not care about the defense as long as it prevents points from being scored but offensive style tends to matter with some fan bases/individuals hiring. 

Bert Bathiany has been a solid football mind since we were kids playing in the Fort Thomas JR league. His wife Haley was a cheerleader at HHS. Can’t think of a better person/family to get this ship righted. He was an 8th grader when Lorenzen was there, freshmen with Gino, then won state in 04. He can and will relight the fire. Just like Dale did I’m sure he’ll be wandering those middle school hallways, going to the JR league games and making you feel special. From what I’ve heard that’s been severely lacking. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, barrel said:

When you say targets does that mean you feel HHS is reaching out to coaches or do you say targets as in individuals that the fan base would like to see? 

I asked this before and didn’t get an answer. Is style of play a factor? Would the  individuals doing the hiring consider someone that runs say the flexbone, wing-t or similar offenses? Groups tend to not care about the defense as long as it prevents points from being scored but offensive style tends to matter with some fan bases/individuals hiring. 

Both....There are enough Alum at Highlands that still stay connected throughout the State. My 1st push would be for Chris Wolfe. Who knows if he is even Interested at all. No clue! He knows the Dynamics of the School and town. And he knows all the Hungry parents. But lets not forget, he's currently trying to Win a State Championship. The Job was posted on Monday and as of Wed only 3 people have Applied. Don't know the names so don't ask. Keep in mind, not every Applicant will get an Interview. I would think things around the 21st will start to Heat up quickly. No reason to rush a Hire though IMO. Plenty of resources in our Town that can help with Early 2021 conditioning.

As far as a Offense? You run the Offense that bests Suits your Talent. There is some good talent coming up with some QB's that both have Good Legs and Strong Arms. I highly doubt a Smash mouth approach will be seen but I won't be the Head Coach so no telling what we will see in 2021.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, barrel said:

Just my opinion here but I think Highlands would be foolish to hire anyone that doesn't run a form of a pro set offense so again my opinion but I think style of play on offense would definitely be a factor. 

• Like 2