Open Job: Highlands

theguru

At the end of the day I hope that this process is not rushed. Time to put a coach in place immediately is NOT of the essence in my opinion. This process only happens only so often and now is not the time to make a hasty decision or hire. 

This is a very high profile position which will affect the community, the school district, the financial future of sports at Highlands and more importantly the student athletes.

Rebuilding the program with the correct hire will take a minimum 3 to 4 years in my opinion. Could the right coach do it sooner? Sure they can and this imo is why Highlands is such a sought after job because the foundation and the house has already been built, it just needs some remodeling. 

Patience if a virtue.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

At the end of the day I hope that this process is not rushed. Time to put a coach in place immediately is NOT of the essence in my opinion. This process only happens only so often and now is not the time to make a hasty decision or hire. 

This is a very high profile position which will affect the community, the school district, the financial future of sports at Highlands and more importantly the student athletes.

Rebuilding the program with the correct hire will take a minimum 3 to 4 years in my opinion. Could the right coach do it sooner? Sure they can and this imo is why Highlands is such a sought after job because the foundation and the house has already been built, it just needs some remodeling. 

Patience if a virtue.

That was my thought, as soon as I read the announcement about trying to have the new coach in place by Christmas. Why is there THAT much of a rush? I get it, don't wait until March, and make a hire before any potential candidates are signed elsewhere...but still, what's the big difference in end of January and end of December, apart from a additional month to search, accept applications, interview, and discern?

• Like 4

The selection process can be a tricky one. Remember Highlands doesn't have a Teaching job open just yet. Doesn't mean one isn't coming up. This time last year there wasn't any available but at the end of the year there were several. I'm certain the people whoever they are that were asked to sit on this process will give valuable Info that will ensure the right Coach is hired. Even if I knew who was on it, I certainly wouldn't want people like myself knowing who was. Because if they don't get this right, who knows what else the Ft Thomas Mafia will burn down.

• Like 1

I’ll join in on the “I heard” train.  I heard the hiring committee is the principal, asst principal, AD, FTFJL president, boosters president, Freshman Football HC, someone from Foundation; not sure of her role in Foundation,  and maybe a community member that was on the last hiring committee. 

31 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

I’ll join in on the “I heard” train.  I heard the hiring committee is the principal, asst principal, AD, FTFJL president, boosters president, Freshman Football HC, someone from Foundation; not sure of her role in Foundation,  and maybe a community member that was on the last hiring committee. 

The composition of that committee sounds legitimate.  Seems similar to the last hiring go around at Danville when Clevenger was hired to replace Sam Harp.

2 minutes ago, 1963 BIRDS said:

Only if it was a clone of Dale, so don't hold your breath.

We need somebody with a up to date play book.

Why do you feel what Mueller did is out of date? 

The lack of a current teaching position is going to be interesting. Will they create a position for the new HC or do they allow anticipated opening to play into who they hire?

2 hours ago, Bluebird99 said:

Again, let’s be clear on this subject, this group of people are not “the hiring committee” but are simply doing interviews, collecting information  and recommending candidates. 

12 minutes ago, barrel said:

Why do you feel what Mueller did is out of date? 

The lack of a current teaching position is going to be interesting. Will they create a position for the new HC or do they allow anticipated opening to play into who they hire?

I highly doubt whether a teaching position is open or not is relevant to this hire.

It helps but not a deal breaker imo.

• Like 1