Open Job: Highlands

theguru

2 minutes ago, Bill W. said:

I kind of like the turnover can. I think the kids enjoyed it too.  I enjoy the traditional things as well running around the goal post etc. Most teams do have some sort of turnover chain, though.

I don’t have a problem with the Tin Can as I see it as something each team wants to do that distinguishes them from the other teams. 

Usually one looks for something when those before you has something better than you. At Highlands you must at least achieve excellence before you revert to a gimmick to try and feel special about yourself. 

I guess everyone sets there own goals. 

37 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

I don’t have a problem with the Tin Can as I see it as something each team wants to do that distinguishes them from the other teams. 

Usually one looks for something when those before you has something better than you. At Highlands you must at least achieve excellence before you revert to a gimmick to try and feel special about yourself. 

Cmon sweep. The tin can? Just stop! Lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

Charlie Barr came up with the idea, and the can isnt a goal or a gimmick. It's a way to build excitement and momentum following a great play. 

10 hours ago, Bill W. said:

Charlie Barr came up with the idea, and the can isnt a goal or a gimmick. It's a way to build excitement and momentum following a great play. 

So they have to revert to a garbage can to get ecited? What’s wrong with putting the Highlands uniform on. 

Quite obvious that they have forgotten  who they represent. It’s a gimmick imo, the program is real and speaks for itself and doesn’t need a gimmick , jmo.

Charlie Barr retired before half these kids were even  born, are you sure we are talking about the same guy?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

The good news is this will all be over in the morning. My source tells me that a special board meeting will take place and an announcement will be made most probably Monday or Tuesday.

I guess special board meeting would be Monday since doubt they would meet on a Sunday.