Open Job: Highlands

theguru

13 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

Train wreck?  Based on social media of current players & recent players, it sure didn’t sound like they thought their program & experiences were a train wreck.  And, the players who showed up at the Principal's office to express they were very upset with the decision of them getting a new coach doesn’t say train wreck either. 

Unfortunately that’s because they never knew any better. Sorry just calling it as it is.

Sad that those kids you speak of didn’t have the opportunity that was offered to me and my sons. That’s not what Highlands is about and they deserve better and they will get better. 

Sorry friend, that ship has sailed, move on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

Train wreck?  Based on social media of current players & recent players, it sure didn’t sound like they thought their program & experiences were a train wreck.  And, the players who showed up at the Principal's office to express they were very upset with the decision of them getting a new coach doesn’t say train wreck either. 

Yeah but are we in the business to let Kids make Adult decisions? Just stop it already. You feel better now telling your side of the Story? Let’s not go there. Are we really willing to open up that can of sardines? I’m pretty confident the kids that I know who played thought they deserved better. You do know most of everyone have moved on. Apparently you haven’t with basically naming the committee. Surely you won’t go there with the committee. Cause quite honestly I don’t care who’s on the Committee. Sort of like hearing stories about the US Govt. Sometimes we shouldn’t know everything. Move on Friend.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

It’s actually comical reading some of this. Actually someone texted me 2 days ago and said they heard they were naming a Coach today. It’s unbelievable what some people will come up with. Especially when we have no clue how it works.

You are not kidding!!  It is very comical & unbelievable.

15 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

It’s actually comical reading some of this. Actually someone texted me 2 days ago and said they heard they were naming a Coach today. It’s unbelievable what some people will come up with. Especially when we have no clue how it works.

I actually have someone very close to me that is keeping me posted on the process. His family actually has 2 members  on the committee and I will trust what he is telling me about who the next coach will be. 

1 minute ago, Bluebird99 said:

You are not kidding!!  It is very comical & unbelievable.

Actually it really is a joke that we are even going through this right now. 

Another poster put it out there when he said Dale handed over the keys to the Ferrari and someone crashed it driving it to the Sweetheart dance, Well it went something like that😂

54 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

The last few years were a train wreck. Watched plenty of games to watch the wheels fall off. South Oldham a few years ago... Drive down the field by running the ball in the 1st qtr then pass it on the one to turn it over. Then be ahead in three games that year just to lose in the final minutes of the game. Had Simon beat had LexCath beat and South Oldham beat. Then last year lose to Conner twice.. That's an embarrassment.  As for the social media I guess those guys care about their legacy and want the winning tradition to continue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluebird99 said:

Yeah I heard the same but on a lot smaller scale as to what you are implying. And I get it, Coach W was a good coach and is a great school teacher, just not a great head coach. And as I read elsewhere, kids never tasted the championship win. I guessing the kids on the team whose siblings, uncles, or parents who won in the past are ready for a change. Everyone is ready. It’s just time!

• Like 4

I also hope the next staff motivates to win and not use props to motivate like that trash can. Wearing that uniform and having 20 something state championship should be motivation by itself. But to use a trash can to slam the ball on a defensive turnover is trash. But it was nice to witness the can on the side line so the game plan could have been thrown away.

• Haha 1

But again its over thank God. Time to stop beating a dead horse and move on. Hopefully the "selection committee" of whoever it's made up of will make the right decision. Is the committee made up of any influential alumni who wore the uniform or is it mostly people with in the buddy system at the school. I also heard something like someone wanted to auction off a spot to be on the committee... If that's true that is sad as well. 

16 minutes ago, AgainstTheGrain said:

I also hope the next staff motivates to win and not use props to motivate like that trash can. Wearing that uniform and having 20 something state championship should be motivation by itself. But to use a trash can to slam the ball on a defensive turnover is trash. But it was nice to witness the can on the side line so the game plan could have been thrown away.

I kind of like the turnover can. I think the kids enjoyed it too.  I enjoy the traditional things as well running around the goal post etc. Most teams do have some sort of turnover chain, though.

13 minutes ago, AgainstTheGrain said:

But again its over thank God. Time to stop beating a dead horse and move on. Hopefully the "selection committee" of whoever it's made up of will make the right decision. Is the committee made up of any influential alumni who wore the uniform or is it mostly people with in the buddy system at the school. I also heard something like someone wanted to auction off a spot to be on the committee... If that's true that is sad as well. 

The auction part is despicable if true but let’s hope not. Yes, thank God that chapter is over.

1 minute ago, Bill W. said:

I kind of like the turnover can. I think the kids enjoyed it too.  I enjoy the traditional things as well running around the goal post etc. Most teams do have some sort of turnover chain, though.

I like that they continue to run around the field goal post as well. Side props aren't my thing. Just my opinion. The uniform, H on on the field, the great ones who played and the state championships on the score board is enough for me. I just don't get the trash can, chains around the neck, wrestling belt like college teams do.... Act like you been there before.

• Like 1