We have a Vaccine

Voice of Reason

3 hours ago, MBWC41 said:

Early data from 2 companies claim the vaccine is 94.5% effective.

That’s very promising!

Again, I’ll get it as soon as it’s available.

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Moderna's vaccine reported results with 94.5% efficacy. If approved by the FDA, that puts a second vaccine in the market. Several other vaccines are still in development working through their trials. 

Wow!

5 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

I'm very, very encouraged by these developments.   Tremendous news.

Agreed !

I see two ways to return to some form of normal...

1. We shutdown again. Maybe only for a couple months this time but we actually shutdown. No businesses open except medical offices. No travel whatsoever except for medical emergencies. After we get control of things we slowly open back up but we don’t allow international travel of any kind possibly ever again.

2. We trust science and utilize a vaccine.

The choice seems obvious to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MBWC41 said:

Agreed !

I see two ways to return to some form of normal...

1. We shutdown again. Maybe only for a couple months this time but we actually shutdown. No businesses open except medical offices. No travel whatsoever except for medical emergencies. After we get control of things we slowly open back up but we don’t allow international travel of any kind possibly ever again.

2. We trust science and utilize a vaccine.

The choice seems obvious to me.

Agree. There is only one path back to normal - vaccines. Until we have that, we manage our risk and safety the best we can to save lives. 

• Like 1

With respect to getting the vaccine I have a few questions/comments.

1) I have no issue taking one.

2) My wife is still convinced I had COVID back in March. Cases were small at the time, but on March 4th, I had just returned from Arizona and was out for the count for three days. Fever (common symptom), chills (common symptom), and stomach issues (symptom, but not as prevalent as the first two). Took me a good week to rebound. My friend that I traveled with got sick as did the family I stayed with. Who knows if it was COVID. But, how long is an anti-body test good for? I had one at the start of October and it came back negative, but would the time have lapsed for it to register as such? I would have sworn I heard something that said 90 days, but maybe I am dreaming that.

3) If you don't get a vaccine, then get COVID, would the vaccine help then, or is it too late?

4) Maybe I am optimistic, but I think this will go away quickly once the vaccines get rolling. To start, I assume if you've had COVID you are not getting the vaccine, correct? That is however many million people by then? 25% of the population? Get it out to the elderly 25% ASAP and I think we are on our way in no time. Again, what the hell do I know, but I am being an optimist.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

I do wonder how fast distribution would be.  I've long though March is the earliest we can get to possibly getting past all this.

That is called light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully distribution is Warp Factor 9.