Non-played district games: Did I misunderstand RPI application?

So this link just went up:

https://khsaa.org/tie-breaking-game-results-non-played-2020-district-football-contests/

It uses up-to-date RPI for virtual games to be applied to district seedings/standings.

For example, Scott County and Douglass did not play. Scott County currently has higher RPI. So for their scheduled meeting, Scott County will get a win in district standings and Douglass will get a loss.

Notes:

1) Non-played virtual RPI outcomes do NOT count toward KHSAA scoreboard or overall final record

2) RPIs could change based on this week's games (and removal of games toward strength of schedule)

3) There were 61 non-played district games which would use this method to determine winners and losers for district standings

Notable "virtual outcomes":

*Shawnee would get a "virtual district seeding" win over Owen.
*Manual would be credited with win over St. Xavier
*Scott County would be credited with win over Frederick Douglass
*DeSales would be credited with losses to both CAL and Mercer
*Knox Central would be credited with a win over Wayne

23 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

That’s the way I understand it. Manual played 1 district game but winds up 3-0. St.X played 2 district games but is 2-1. 

Manual didn't play X but finished with a higher RPI. For seeding purposes, Manual gets credited with a win over X in their district game that didn't get played.

9 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Manual didn't play X but finished with a higher RPI. For seeding purposes, Manual gets credited with a win over X in their district game that didn't get played.

Yeah, that’s what my example showed. Manual .5399 and St.X .5398 so this Friday’s games will have impact even though both teams not playing.

Just now, Tigerpride94 said:

Yeah, that’s what my example showed. Manual .5399 and St.X .5398 so this Friday’s games will have impact even though both teams not playing.

Agreed. It's odd that they would announce the district seedings already with Manual and X being virtually tied in RPI. 

One could argue that Scott County benefitted by not playing Douglass in the regular season by being rewarded with a district win and home field advantage in the playoffs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Agreed. It's odd that they would announce the district seedings already with Manual and X being virtually tied in RPI. 

One could argue that Scott County benefitted by not playing Douglass in the regular season by being rewarded with a district win and home field advantage in the playoffs.

They haven't announced the seedings.

RPI could change.

They are showing virtual outcomes based on latest RPI

Most districts' playoff seedings aren't completely listed or finalized:

https://khsaa.org/2020-football-district-standings/

19 hours ago, Nathaniel Bryan said:

DeSales would be credited with losses to both CAL and Mercer

I know im beating a dead horse. But DeSales had open dates and tried to schedule both CAL and Mercer and they both declined to play. DeSales should not be penalized for losses when CAL and Mercer were scared to play.

• Like 2