Carlos Dunlap traded to the Seahawks

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, big game for Dunlap against the Cardinals.  He sacks Murray to preserve the win for the Seahawks.  Two sacks and 3 QB hits.  Not the first time that a player has left the Bengals and his career skyrockets again with another team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

Wow, big game for Dunlap against the Cardinals.  He sacks Murray to preserve the win for the Seahawks.  Two sacks and 3 QB hits.  Not the first time that a player has left the Bengals and his career skyrockets again with another team.

Carlos had a good game last night, he was high energy last night. 

3 hours ago, nkypete said:

The story is the Bengals told Dunlap before the season that they were going to reduce his snaps. Dunlap wasn't happy and he quit playing football for the Bengals.  Then he started becoming a problem in the locker room. At that point the Bengals had no choice but to trade him. Did they mess up telling him they were going to reduce his snaps before the season even started? That is the question.

The Bengals did not give up on him, he gave up on the Bengals. No one including the Bengals is surprised Dunlap is making plays in Seattle. It isn't a talent evaluation issue. It is a player management issue. 

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The story is the Bengals told Dunlap before the season that they were going to reduce his snaps. Dunlap wasn't happy and he quit playing football for the Bengals.  Then he started becoming a problem in the locker room. At that point the Bengals had no choice but to trade him. Did they mess up telling him they were going to reduce his snaps before the season even started? That is the question.

The Bengals did not give up on him, he gave up on the Bengals. No one including the Bengals is surprised Dunlap is making plays in Seattle. It isn't a talent evaluation issue. It is a player management issue. 

That makes sense to me VoR.

I had a discussion with a former Bengal about three weeks before Dunlap was traded and I told him Dunlap didn't have it this year.  He assured me Dunlap could still play.  I think we were both right. 

On 11/20/2020 at 1:17 PM, Voice of Reason said:

On 11/20/2020 at 1:21 PM, theguru said:

That makes sense to me VoR.

I had a discussion with a former Bengal about three weeks before Dunlap was traded and I told him Dunlap didn't have it this year.  He assured me Dunlap could still play.  I think we were both right. 

From what I heard you’re both right!!  I was also told they tried to get him to practice hard and he basically just refused!!

• Like 1