Will Fort Campbell and Fort Knox be the exception or the rule going forward?

Will this be the exception or the rule going forward in Kentucky this fall?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Will this be the exception or the rule going forward in Kentucky this fall?

• Exception
    • Rule

3 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I've been saying for awhile now, that you will see other districts go the route of cancelling sports on their own.  I don't know that it will be widespread, but I think we'll see more than a few.

Fort Campbell and Fort Knox didn't cancel on their own. The Department of Defense made that call. Campbell and Knox have situations completely different from every other school so I'm not sure how much should be read into their decisions, but it wouldn't appear promising for the other 221 football playing schools.

On 8/12/2020 at 4:02 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

Fort Campbell and Fort Knox didn't cancel on their own. The Department of Defense made that call. Campbell and Knox have situations completely different from every other school so I'm not sure how much should be read into their decisions, but it wouldn't appear promising for the other 221 football playing schools.

What doesn't make any sense to me at all is that West Point the Army football program has been practicing in full gear for about a week. Not sure why the DOD would cancel sports for a HS program and allow it to continue at the college level. (I agree that the decision for Knox and Campbell came from DOD just saying that it does not make much sense)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

What doesn't make any sense to me at all is that West Point the Army football program has been practicing in full gear for about a week. Not sure why the DOD would cancel sports for a HS program and allow it to continue at the college level. (I agree that the decision for Knox and Campbell came from DOD just saying that it does not make much sense)

Is there more movement/transition (thus potential more potential for spread) at army bases around the country than at West Point?

On 8/14/2020 at 4:13 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

Is there more movement/transition (thus potential more potential for spread) at army bases around the country than at West Point?

Yes that was my impression. There are potentially more people thus more possible infections on an active base than West Point.