Cincinnati-Louisville Rivalry Back??

Walter

I'm all in. I've wanted this since the first year UofL and UC were in separate leagues.

You and me both.

Loved the UC-Ohio State series the past two years but much rather see UC play Louisville instead. Hopefully with Mack and Brannen being such good friends, this will be the start of a long term series played every year.

Louisville has played UC more than they've played any other opponent. Cards lead the all time series 53-43.

This will be the 100th meeting between the two. In the 99th meeting, Sean Kilpatrick scored 28 to become just the second Bearcat to reach 2k points. Was at this game and witnessed Russ Smith break UC fans hearts with a jumper with 3 seconds left to win by 1.

This will be the 100th meeting between the two. In the 99th meeting, Sean Kilpatrick scored 28 to become just the second Bearcat to reach 2k points. Was at this game and witnessed Russ Smith break UC fans hearts with a jumper with 3 seconds left to win by 1.

You absolutely love to see it!

Maybe my math skills are suffering from the virus, but if the all-time record, as stated above, is 53 and 43, how is this the 100th game? Call me confused.

You absolutely love to see it!

In case you forgot how/why Louisville even had a chance at the end... See below:

After the game, Kilpatrick was still trying to come to grips with a call that transpired with 1:30 to play and the Bearcats leading by two. After the ball went out of bounds near the Louisville basket, officials Mark Whitehead, John Gaffney and Tony Chiazza deliberated, then they deliberated some more. They stared at the TV monitor, made a call giving the ball to UC, then decided to check the monitor again. The whole process took seven minutes.

When they were finished, they decided it was Louisville’s ball. At that point, UC was on an 11-0 run and had wiped out a 51-42 deficit. But instead of having the ball, the Bearcats were forced to play defense. Their momentum was stalled and the Cardinals got a Smith free throw out of the changed call to pull them within one at 53-52.

This still blows my mind. Will never forget the officials at the monitor, review, decide it's UC ball (which was correct), and then Greg Anthony (while calling the game) standing up and telling them it should be Louisville ball. Officials went back to the monitor and gave it to Louisville after they already decided it was UC's.

Kilpatrick on the situation:

“I don’t understand how you get the ball when you make a call first going our way, then you go watch it and it’s still going our way and then they say something and you go change it again. That’s unheard of.”

Kilpatrick is referring to Greg Anthony when he says "they say something".