Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati-Louisville Rivalry Back??

Featured Replies

In case you forgot how/why Louisville even had a chance at the end... See below:

 

After the game, Kilpatrick was still trying to come to grips with a call that transpired with 1:30 to play and the Bearcats leading by two. After the ball went out of bounds near the Louisville basket, officials Mark Whitehead, John Gaffney and Tony Chiazza deliberated, then they deliberated some more. They stared at the TV monitor, made a call giving the ball to UC, then decided to check the monitor again. The whole process took seven minutes.

 

When they were finished, they decided it was Louisville’s ball. At that point, UC was on an 11-0 run and had wiped out a 51-42 deficit. But instead of having the ball, the Bearcats were forced to play defense. Their momentum was stalled and the Cardinals got a Smith free throw out of the changed call to pull them within one at 53-52.

 

This still blows my mind. Will never forget the officials at the monitor, review, decide it's UC ball (which was correct), and then Greg Anthony (while calling the game) standing up and telling them it should be Louisville ball. Officials went back to the monitor and gave it to Louisville after they already decided it was UC's.

 

Kilpatrick on the situation:

 

“I don’t understand how you get the ball when you make a call first going our way, then you go watch it and it’s still going our way and then they say something and you go change it again. That’s unheard of.”

 

The only reason it was close is because Louisville blew the lead. :idunno:

  • Author
The only reason it was close is because Louisville blew the lead. :idunno:

 

Maybe. Maybe not.

 

UC came back from 12 in the first half and 9 in the second half. During both runs they stopped turning the ball over.

 

Maybe Louisville building a lead had to do with how bad UC was playing? (13 turnovers, 19% shooting)

 

These debates are why I'm glad the rivalry is finally back. I think we can both agree on that.

These debates are why I'm glad the rivalry is finally back. I think we can both agree on that.

 

Absolutely!

 

I always liked the rivalry with UC in football and basketball. I can't say the same for another rivalry we have in the area. :lol2:

  • Author
Absolutely!

 

I always liked the rivalry with UC in football and basketball. I can't say the same for another rivalry we have in the area. :lol2:

 

:lol2:

 

Would love to see the football rivalry come back as well. Louisville currently has something that belongs in Cincy.

:lol2:

 

Would love to see the football rivalry come back as well. Louisville currently has something that belongs in Cincy.

 

teddy.gif

It’s a two year home and home series.

It’s a two year home and home series.

 

Is the game in Louisville in '21?

Is the game in Louisville in '21?

 

Yes.

teddy.gif

 

That gif is ALWAYS ready to go on my phone. It's an all-timer.

That gif is ALWAYS ready to go on my phone. It's an all-timer.

 

Same. :lol2: Miss that guy.

Absolutely!

 

I always liked the rivalry with UC in football and basketball. I can't say the same for another rivalry we have in the area. :lol2:

 

I wouldn't like it either if I was you, at least in a basketball arena haha!

I wouldn't like it either if I was you, at least in a basketball arena haha!

 

It was fine before Cal got there in that regard, lol.

 

I was speaking more about my experiences at UC and UK when traveling to Louisville games. Night and day difference.

Metro Conference!

 

I believe it goes back further, to the Missouri Valley Conference.

Who remembers big man Jim Ard for UC?

I believe it goes back further, to the Missouri Valley Conference.

Who remembers big man Jim Ard for UC?

 

I guess I am not old enough to remember. :idunno:

I believe it goes back further, to the Missouri Valley Conference.

Who remembers big man Jim Ard for UC?

 

Yep, Tay Baker was the coach.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.