Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

I wonder if they will stick with that decision. 

I would guess that they do stick with that decision because they want to make sure in person school works first.  If things go well hopefully they will have basketball.

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums. All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

Not good at all it was just announced that the total of today's cases is the highest ever at 1,163 and 7 deaths. On a positive note the positivity rate did drop some to 5.62%. Got a lot to do between now and Aug, 20 in my opinion if we want to avoid another delay or cancellation of fall sports all together.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Indiana kicks off in a week. Maybe an opportunity to watch some of those games if gets cancelled or pushed back here in KY.

I live in Sellersburg, and I'm excited to see Silver Creek play until my Rocks can take the field.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 11:40 AM, Tigerpride94 said:

Yes. My nephew plays for Male and I know he’s been going to football workouts. I know JCPS getting a lot of emails from parents to play so I hope that sways them.

I know it's still technically "summer time", but what's the difference between JCPS conducting workouts now, and when school begins all be it online?

• Like 1

Listened to David Buchanan, President of Coaches Association, on WPBK this morning and he is bullish on having the season. Indicated pushing back the start of in person classes actually helps having football. His interview was spot on in my opinion. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cincydragons said:

Per their Twitter page, Manual has added LaSalle to their schedule on September 18.  Hopefully that's a good sign that JCPS is still planning to play football.

That’s good news. I would be ticked if I was LaSalle if they cancel in 5 days after being added.