Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

15 hours ago, theguru said:

It has taken an issue like this for many of us to realize we are not very free in America and we don't have near as many choices as we think we have. 

Our ability to enjoy our freedoms is dependent on the idea that we when we enjoy our freedoms we do so without sacrificing the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness to those around us. We weren’t/ aren’t able to enjoy our freedoms because some people chose to infringe upon other people’s rights to the most fundamental elements of freedom. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

It has taken an issue like this for many of us to realize just how inconsiderate, selfish, and entitled a lot of Americans are. I’ve said it before, COVID response has been drawn along cultural lines. 

Saying you don’t have freedom because you’re asked to wear a mask in Wal-Mart is as entitled a take as you’ll ever read online. 

3 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Our ability to enjoy our freedoms is dependent on the idea that we when we enjoy our freedoms we do so without sacrificing the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness to those around us. We weren’t/ aren’t able to enjoy our freedoms because some people chose to infringe upon other people’s rights to the most fundamental elements of freedom. 

Tkinslow and I are talking about school choice and you two are talking about do-rags overcoming mother nature. 

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

Tkinslow and I are talking about school choice and you two are talking about do-rags overcoming mother nature. 

No, you're trying to push a narrative that you aren't free because school administrators are trying to make a responsible decision about whether to play sports. 

Also, I don't know what your sudden infatuation with "do-rags" is, but it's a terrible analogy. 

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

It’s every freedom we enjoy or believe we should be able to enjoy. You can’t have freedom if the freedoms you wish to enjoy, hurt other people. 

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

No, you're trying to push a narrative that you aren't free because school administrators are trying to make a responsible decision about whether to play sports. 

Also, I don't know what your sudden infatuation with "do-rags" is, but it's a terrible analogy. 

You're wrong on both counts.

Education (and sports) should be a choice and a lot of school administrators and teachers refuse to do their jobs. 

On do-rags, I am tired of hearing from the mask police that don't know what they are talking about. 

If we want HS football to start and finish, we should be pushing for a Spring season.  If the Reds shut down for a single case, then how are we expected to complete a full season in the Fall?  Professional sports have the funds/insurance to do as many tests required to monitor their players.  KY High Schools do not.  

A Spring season isn't ideal, but at least will give us a fighting chance.  

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

You're wrong on both counts.

Education (and sports) should be a choice and a lot of school administrators and teachers refuse to do their jobs. 

On do-rags, I am tired of hearing from the mask police that don't know what they are talking about. 

Agree on being able to have the choice. Administrators doing their jobs doesn't mean you aren't free. 

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. It's funny you bark about having choices in one breath and then criticize people for making the choice to wear masks in the next. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Agree on being able to have the choice. Administrators doing their jobs doesn't mean you aren't free. 

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. It's funny you bark about having choices in one breath and then criticize people for making the choice to wear masks in the next. 

I am not criticizing anyone for wearing a mask, I have said it before and I will say it again, more power to you. 

2 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

If we want HS football to start and finish, we should be pushing for a Spring season.  If the Reds shut down for a single case, then how are we expected to complete a full season in the Fall?  Professional sports have the funds/insurance to do as many tests required to monitor their players.  KY High Schools do not.  

A Spring season isn't ideal, but at least will give us a fighting chance.  

Spring comes after winter, right?  So what we will have is the flu running wild in addition to lingering COVID cases all working on depressed immune systems.  In other words, delaying everything until spring is a bad idea in my opinion. 

15 hours ago, rjal said:

I think they need to cancel or play but stop the delaying.  I know my kid is not alone with the feeling they are just going to cancel the season one month at a time until there finally is no time left.  As far as Covid Sept will be no different than August and Oct no different from Sept.  Either decide to play or stop procrastinating and giving people false hope. 

I realize KHSAA wants to save football at all costs but to move it to spring would kill many small schools.  Does a kid play football or skip baseball, track whatever for a second straight year?  and what does it do to these teams?

Exactly, we can't play everything in the spring and all the delaying and false hope is terrible for children.

If I was a kid today I would have zero confidence in adults.

• Like 1

Just now, TheDeuce said:

If the current KHSAA plan goes forward, the season would have been delayed one whole month. 

What a tragedy. 

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then every day would be Christmas.

It would be nice if the KHSAA would say the plan is the plan is the plan and we play ball on 9-11. Then I would be with you on this one but it is endless cloak and dagger drama and it has been since March. 

The Guru you statement that a lot of school administrators and teachers refuse to do their jobs is way offline. As a spouse of a teacher, all would rather be in the classroom.  Teaching remote takes many more hours, my wife's days in the Spring were 10 to 12 hour days and planning on weekends.

• Like 1