Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

I believe from following Covid treatments there will be strong antibody treatment available in fall so I think football will be played in fall. Maybe it starts in September rather than August and playoffs get shortened or pushed back a few weeks.

Maryland is currently scheduled to start August 12 with game 1 the first Friday in September. If KY eliminates the first round of the playoffs and follows that model I believe that puts us ending the season the first weekend in December. If we don’t eliminate the first round it would just mean playing one week later.

Maryland is currently scheduled to start August 12 with game 1 the first Friday in September. If KY eliminates the first round of the playoffs and follows that model I believe that puts us ending the season the first weekend in December. If we don’t eliminate the first round it would just mean playing one week later.

I think that's perfectly reasonable.

Came across a quote from Tackett about what he calls his “Doomsday” plan. Fall sports would be played between winter and spring. Not sure how that works but that was the statement.

It would be irresponsible for him not to have a worst case scenario plan. Don’t think it’ll get that far, but wise to have one.

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

13. Within reason, you must use correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar when posting on the forums.

The government will be allowing Groups of 10 to meet if not mistaken May 22nd. (I could be off a day or two) With that I am not sure why schools could start to bring players in small groups and spread out and get some conditioning in. I think this could be done and still follow guidelines.

The government will be allowing Groups of 10 to meet if not mistaken May 22nd. (I could be off a day or two) With that I am not sure why schools could start to bring players in small groups and spread out and get some conditioning in. I think this could be done and still follow guidelines.

Safety is the focus in my mind. Obviously on the virus side, waiting till normal start in July is best. Is there a safety concern from the on field play side if you wait till July? What are the football risks in waiting till July?

Safety is the focus in my mind. Obviously on the virus side, waiting till normal start in July is best. Is there a safety concern from the on field play side if you wait till July? What are the football risks in waiting till July?

None.