Time to have top teams in the Regional

Are you implying an independent is the same as a private school? Or that an independent is not a public school by definition?

I'm implying, rather directly, that an Independent School that takes out of district kids who pay tuition, isn't as public as Norman Rockwell would have you believe. Man, did you really want that 35th Trophy THIS bad?

Let’s have a selection committee of 1 rep from each region and they can pick and seed the 16 best teams. They will look at all the quadrant 1,2,3,4 wins/losses based on RPI. We can even have KY version of Joe Lunardi updating the bracket each week. Lol.

I'm implying, rather directly, that an Independent School that takes out of district kids who pay tuition, isn't as public as Norman Rockwell would have you believe. Man, did you really want that 35th Trophy THIS bad?

County schools also take out of district kids, out of county and in some cases out of state kids...Independents play by the exact same rules as county schools.

County schools also take out of district kids, out of county and in some cases out of state kids...Independents play by the exact same rules as county schools.

I realize that, I'm incredibly familiar with the topic. If you take out of district kids, and they pay tuition, it waters down one's desire for a separation. That is my point.

Let's not predetermine who is "worth" of competing. Like CoachBuckett said "....if you are the best team, just win the games...."

What a concept.

CM

Totally agree. In KY we have a basketball STATE CHAMPION....not like other places that have STATE CHAMPIONS. Tee it up, swing hard, WIN, and advance. At my home in SC right now. They've just finished upper/lower state (semifinals). Brossart/Campbell game draws bigger crowds, much more intense. Leave it alone!!

If I truly got what I wanted there would be 4 classes with 4 state champs then have a Fab 4 Weekend at Rupp.

A lot of people want no change to anything, do you like the 3 point shot? Lol

4 classes in a state with 275 high schools that play basketball would be way too watered down. There are 4 classes (divisions) in my old state Ohio, but there are over 800 schools who play boys' basketball.

4 classes in a state with 275 high schools that play basketball would be way too watered down. There are 4 classes (divisions) in my old state Ohio, but there are over 800 schools who play boys' basketball.

800 schools to 275! No wonder Ohio dominates that little April all-star border war game!

Here is an idea. If you are the best team just WIN the games you play come tournament time.

I get so tired of people wanting to mess with high school sports. Stop the madness with all the tweaks.

Best comment on this thread by far! Every one has the opportunity to make it to State. If you are the better team, win the games.

If somehow you decided to take the top 16 teams in the state, there would be many areas in the state that would never get an opportunity to play in Rupp. We have to remember what brings most of us together in the middle of March at "The Greatest Show in Hoops."

Best comment on this thread by far! Every one has the opportunity to make it to State. If you are the better team, win the games.

If somehow you decided to take the top 16 teams in the state, there would be many areas in the state that would never get an opportunity to play in Rupp. We have to remember what brings most of us together in the middle of March at "The Greatest Show in Hoops."

Yes, everyone has an opportunity. But not everyone has a real chance. "Cinderalla" making the dance is a big reason why everyone holds onto, and says this system is the best. Truth is Cinderella generally gets thrashed before the even gets started. For most small schools, making the region tourney is the only real goal. 2 classes would be a good start, 3 would be even better. Then maybe we could work on seeding the darn thing.

I know I'm in the minority.

Yes, everyone has an opportunity. But not everyone has a real chance. "Cinderalla" making the dance is a big reason why everyone holds onto, and says this system is the best. Truth is Cinderella generally gets thrashed before the even gets started. For most small schools, making the region tourney is the only real goal. 2 classes would be a good start, 3 would be even better. Then maybe we could work on seeding the darn thing.

I know I'm in the minority.

Truthfully we have an A champion and an AA champion now so technically KY is giving out 3 state championships a year already.

If I truly got what I wanted there would be 4 classes with 4 state champs then have a Fab 4 Weekend at Rupp.

A lot of people want no change to anything, do you like the 3 point shot? Lol

Actually I'm not a fan of the three point line.