Everything posted by EKYkibitzer
-
Powell County 79 Montgomery County 70
I wouldn’t give Mays the credit for turning that season around. I think it had to do with Cole Villers coming back from an injury. Ashland had really good talent then Mays added pieces to make them better. Let him go to a small school and not add any pieces and Mays is average at best. I’ll take Bentley with development and X’s and O’s all day, it’s not even close.
-
Powell County 79 Montgomery County 70
Early indications are Bentley is a lot better X’s and O’s coach than Mays. If Mays has great talent he’ll be okay but if not he’s average.
-
16th Region Week 5 Review
Menifee beat Raceland 70-65 last night Ricker had 40
-
Powell County 81 Lee County 73
I think Martin has done a great job with the Powell program so far.
-
Ricker out at Menifee
My sources are telling me Ricker resigned as head coach on Wednesday. The team got off to a 5-0 start and he missed the loss to Rowan on Tuesday night.
-
Russell 46 West Carter 31
Call me crazy but I love when small schools with less talent play ugly and stay in games.
-
Officiating shortage solution thesis
Increase pay by 50% and go to two officials.
-
Open Job: Menifee County
Menifee County won seventeen games this season with a very young roster. This could be a great opportunity for someone to compete for a district title and possibly make some noise at region.
-
Montgomery County vs. George Rogers Clark (10th Region Championship) Predictions/Updates
32-30 Montgomery up 2 at the halfway mark
-
Ashland 67 Rowan County 39 (16th Region Semifinal)
Mason Moore needs to Transfer to Ashland. I would love to see him play at Rupp.
-
Mason County/Montgomery County predictions (10th Region Quarterfinals)
I'm not familiar with these two players, where are they from? Did they play MS ball there?
-
Time to have top teams in the Regional
If I truly got what I wanted there would be 4 classes with 4 state champs then have a Fab 4 Weekend at Rupp. A lot of people want no change to anything, do you like the 3 point shot? Lol
-
Time to have top teams in the Regional
You aren't understanding some of the scenarios I listed. A #4 in a district would play a #1 from another district. As mentioned you could shorten season or seed by regular season district games or play the district tourney and seed that way. No one said anything about separate sites, 1st round on a Friday and Saturday and then go to the normal 8 game tournament the following week.
-
Time to have top teams in the Regional
Let's use the 10th region as an example, Bourbon would not be playing #3 in the region, they would be playing a #3 from another district. Possibly Clark, Bourbon, and Montgomery would be in the semis of the regional format if changed but that is impossible now.
-
Time to have top teams in the Regional
I think the best teams should be in the region tournaments. The way it is now if a district is loaded with 3 or 4 of the better teams they still only get two teams in. A weak district gets two no matter how bad they are. It just isn't very fair for some teams. Why not take all teams to the regional with 1's playing 4's and 2's playing 3's from opposite districts. You could still play a district tournament or use the season district games to seed it. If you argue the season is too long drop the season games to 26 or 28. What's everyones opinion on this?
-
Hazard 41 Estill County 40
I saw him play at Menifee. It didn't seem like it was bothering him.
-
Ashland 57 West Carter 54
A floater is basically a layup from range. If the defensive player had to allow for landing room on a floater or layup, then the only legal charge would be after the offensive player had already shot, landed and ran into the defensive player.
-
Elliott County 58 West Carter 56
I wish Elliott would somehow play (beat) Ashland in the regional tournament. Would be a beautiful storyline in my opinion.
-
Ashland 57 West Carter 54
Literally... I just saw the shot on ESPN
-
2020 63rd District Tournament
Who is hosting this year?
-
10th Region Week 11 Review: Cardinals win coin-flip; avoid Montgomery County
You know the 10th is down when Robertson County is ranked fourth in the region, and Mason's best player is a Robertson transfer.
-
10th Region Coaches Association All-Region Teams
It looks to me like the only people to blame for not having more kids from your team on the list is the head coach. The Robertson County, Scott and Calvary Christian coaches probably just nominated more players. Then all it took was for those players to have one good game in region to get that kid on the honorable mention.
-
16th Region Week 11 Review
I was basing that statement off of previous weeks as well. In an eleven day span Raceland lost to West at home twice and was still ranked above them. Also Raceland is .500 in their last ten games. Three of the five wins coming from home games against Menifee, East and Rose Hill. Which all were won by five or less points.
-
16th Region Week 11 Review
I take it whoever writes this review is a Raceland fan.
-
Bath County 60 West Carter 54
Final from Olive Hill via KHSAA scoreboard. Anyone know what happened here? I thought West's physicality would really hurt Bath.