Time to have top teams in the Regional

Leave it alone. Everyone gets their shot. Who doesn't love a good upset? Let the kids decide the games on the floor. You want to see a marquee match up in a specific region? Check the schedule, maybe they play. But other than that, if they can earn their way to a specific match up, so be it.

The idea of a super regional years ago to get away from districts was an interesting concept.

That said, I don't have a problem with the current system and smaller programs are also accommodated by the A and AA tourneys, which are highlights of those schools years.

Truthfully we have an A champion and an AA champion now so technically KY is giving out 3 state championships a year already.

No. They're not. As has been pointed out ad infinitum. the All A and now the All AA are NOT state championships and are NOT sponsored by the KHSAA. Sanctioned games, yes, but not a State Sanctioned Championship. It is a tournament that was instigated to give the smaller schools at least something to shoot for whereas the State title is primarily a pipe dream for 95% of small schools.

No. They're not. As has been pointed out ad infinitum. the All A and now the All AA are NOT state championships and are NOT sponsored by the KHSAA. Sanctioned games, yes, but not a State Sanctioned Championship. It is a tournament that was instigated to give the smaller schools at least something to shoot for whereas the State title is primarily a pipe dream for 95% of small schools.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

No. They're not. As has been pointed out ad infinitum. the All A and now the All AA are NOT state championships

Someone should alert the schools winning them as nearly all of them use the term "All A State Champs". If you aren't sure that is correct, google search "All A State Champs", in quotes, and enjoy the TONS of references from Bardstown, St. Henry, NewCath, et al. If his mama calls him Cassius, I call him Cassius.

• Haha 1

So the teams playing in those (and winning) don't call themselves State Champs?

Truthfully we have an A champion and an AA champion now so technically KY is giving out 3 state championships a year already.

Not at all. Those tournaments are not sanctioned by the KHSAA as state championships. In reality they are a big invitational.

Someone should alert the schools winning them as nearly all of them use the term "All A State Champs". If you aren't sure that is correct, google search "All A State Champs", in quotes, and enjoy the TONS of references from Bardstown, St. Henry, NewCath, et al. If his mama calls him Cassius, I call him Cassius.

Well, while you're doing your research as well, look at the list of KHSAA Sanctioned Championships and find that nowhere on the list is the All A or All AA Tournament shown as a sanctioned event. It's a tournament. No different than the LIT or AIT except that they have a criteria for admission. People can and will call themselves what they like and I have absolutely no problem with it, but at least know what is being referred to here.

So the teams playing in those (and winning) don't call themselves State Champs?

Sure they do. But Sanctioned by who? Look I have absolutely no problem with the concept of being a "Champion." I overwhelmingly applaud the tournament for what it is. But it is NOT a State Sanctioned event as if we were playing in classification. Which, quite frankly, should have been done long ago. (That ought to stir the pot a little.).

Well, while you're doing your research as well, look at the list of KHSAA Sanctioned Championships and find that nowhere on the list is the All A or All AA Tournament shown as a sanctioned event. It's a tournament. No different than the LIT or AIT except that they have a criteria for admission. People can and will call themselves what they like and I have absolutely no problem with it, but at least know what is being referred to here.

This is correct by my thought process.

What makes you think everyone doesn’t know what is being referred to here?

That is what I am referencing. Kentucky is doing no such thing and neither is the KHSAA. Again, don't get me wrong, I am all about the All-A and the All AA. Been in them and supporting them for their entirety. But let's not get carried away with equating it to the State Title or even a State classification Title. It's not. Not even all of the teams that are "eligible" to play in these events opt to do so. My objection is in folks dismissing the clear-cut fact that the vast majority of small school teams (and I'm talking all but about 5 or 6) are on the outside of the State Tournament chase looking in. From the Get-Go! The notion that a "cinderella small school from the mountains," or anywhere else in this state quite frankly, pulling off a state title in the one-class system is quaint, but it ain't happenin' here anymore. Single class basketball, or any other sport, with the huge disparity in size, budgets and drawing power of schools and school systems has had it's day. there's a reason virtually EVERY other state has moved away from it. I won't use the "F" word (by that I mean FAIR) because fair is simply someone's judgement or opinion, I will use the word reasonable. Okay, sorry for the rant. Sorry for the hijack. I'll shut up now.