Time to have top teams in the Regional

That is what I am referencing. Kentucky is doing no such thing and neither is the KHSAA. Again, don't get me wrong, I am all about the All-A and the All AA. Been in them and supporting them for their entirety. But let's not get carried away with equating it to the State Title or even a State classification Title. It's not. Not even all of the teams that are "eligible" to play in these events opt to do so. My objection is in folks dismissing the clear-cut fact that the vast majority of small school teams (and I'm talking all but about 5 or 6) are on the outside of the State Tournament chase looking in. From the Get-Go! The notion that a "cinderella small school from the mountains," or anywhere else in this state quite frankly, pulling off a state title in the one-class system is quaint, but it ain't happenin' here anymore. Single class basketball, or any other sport, with the huge disparity in size, budgets and drawing power of schools and school systems has had it's day. there's a reason virtually EVERY other state has moved away from it. I won't use the "F" word (by that I mean FAIR) because fair is simply someone's judgement or opinion, I will use the word reasonable. Okay, sorry for the rant. Sorry for the hijack. I'll shut up now.

All you are doing is taking words I say and turning them into words you think I am saying. I never said KHSAA is giving out 3 state championships. I said Kentucky is. Why? Because at the end of March there will be at least two schools in Kentucky claiming to have state championships this season. St. Henry and John Hardin. You think they care if their trophy says KHSAA on it? They don’t. And that trophy probably has Kentucky written on it somewhere. You go tell those two schools they aren’t state champions this season just because it isn’t KHSAA sanctioned. They don’t care. And they shouldn’t. I guarantee the best All A and All AA schools played in those tournaments. That’s a bona fide state champ to me whether the games are at Rupp or not.

That’s it. That’s my TED talk.

Edit: I said there will be at least two schools because John Hardin is a threat to win their region and will be a threat to win the Sweet 16 if they are fortunate enough to make it. Then they would have two state championship trophies from this season.

I'm going to put together a tournament and invite Adair, Allen County-Scottsville, Anderson County, Apollo, Ashland Blazer, Atherton, and Augusta and call it the All A State Championship. It carries just as much weight as what they do now.

To you.......

I'm going to put together a tournament and invite Adair, Allen County-Scottsville, Anderson County, Apollo, Ashland Blazer, Atherton, and Augusta and call it the All A State Championship. It carries just as much weight as what they do now.

Not even close....

I have been confused on why people want to bad talk or talk down the All A and now the All AA. Some of those schools that win regional titles will never sniff a regional title at the end of the year. It is a big deal for the small schools. The All A schools know it is not sanctioned by the KHSAA but the KHSAA sure does recognize it in other ways.

I think the irony in all this is a large percentage of people on this board Probably think there are too many participation trophies given out but they sure do love their mid-season tournament that eligibility is determined by an arbitrary number.

I think the best teams should be in the Sweet 16. So let's eliminate the district and regional system, let the 6th, the 7th, the 9th, the 11th, and a few others compile the 16 best teams in the state, and let's really figure out who #1 is.

You sold me!

The LIT could become the Sweet 16.

I think the irony in all this is a large percentage of people on this board Probably think there are too many participation trophies given out but they sure do love their mid-season tournament that eligibility is determined by an arbitrary number.

As opposed to 6 classes in football, 3 in cross country, 3 in track and field that is determined by an arbitrary number. I do get that they are at the end of the season but there are multiple winners in these sports. The All A has helped the KHSAA in the sports of basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, soccer, and golf.

All you are doing is taking words I say and turning them into words you think I am saying. I never said KHSAA is giving out 3 state championships. I said Kentucky is. Why? Because at the end of March there will be at least two schools in Kentucky claiming to have state championships this season. St. Henry and John Hardin. You think they care if their trophy says KHSAA on it? They don’t. And that trophy probably has Kentucky written on it somewhere. You go tell those two schools they aren’t state champions this season just because it isn’t KHSAA sanctioned. They don’t care. And they shouldn’t. I guarantee the best All A and All AA schools played in those tournaments. That’s a bona fide state champ to me whether the games are at Rupp or not.

That’s it. That’s my TED talk.

Edit: I said there will be at least two schools because John Hardin is a threat to win their region and will be a threat to win the Sweet 16 if they are fortunate enough to make it. Then they would have two state championship trophies from this season.

About your guarantee.

E'town is smaller than John Hardin.

Both E'town boys and girls teams are ranked in top 25.

NEITHER has played in the 2A yet.

So no, not every 2A eligible team plays in the 2A.

Another fun fact: The 2A was founded in E'town, yet the host city doesn't compete.

It's no different than the current football format. For example Somerset, Danville and Lex Christian are all in the same district...after round 2 only one is left. There will always be loaded districts and weak districts, but if you still have to beat a strong team at some point to advance. Does it really matter if it's in the first round of the district or the first round of the region?

You forgot to mention Washington County. :):)

About your guarantee.

E'town is smaller than John Hardin.

Both E'town boys and girls teams are ranked in top 25.

NEITHER has played in the 2A yet.

So no, not every 2A eligible team plays in the 2A.

Another fun fact: The 2A was founded in E'town, yet the host city doesn't compete.

ETown chose not to compete. All schools in the specified range are invited. And they actually beat John Hardin once out of three times so had they accepted the invitation they might have had two victories over John Hardin as well as a state title.

Instead they will have nothing.

And John Hardin is still a bona fide state champion.

I like Iroquois' chances of winning the All I state championship.

• Haha 1

Which, ironically, is the same thing that classification would bring. More trophies for more teams as they are separated by classes determined by an arbitrary number.