Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 losing it

Featured Replies

I believe #1, #2, #4, #6, #7 and #8 all lost this week. Am I forgetting anyone else? Talk about parity this year.

Kentucky should move up a few spots. I wonder if we move up to a projected 3 seed now.

Kentucky should move up a few spots. I wonder if we move up to a projected 3 seed now.

 

I think they'll move up to 8. I'm going to guess they don't jump Duke. The 22 point loss will not be as fresh in everyone's minds at this point. But Maryland and Penn State, they'll drop below UK, and I think for the first time in a while no one is going to jump them from behind.

 

As for the seed, Lunardi had already bumped them up to the 3 line before Saturday. Of course, his death bracket has Kentucky as the 3 in the Midwest with Kansas as a 1 and Duke as a 2, so let's hope that wouldn't come to fruition.

  • Author
Kentucky should move up a few spots. I wonder if we move up to a projected 3 seed now.

 

I think they'll move up to 8. I'm going to guess they don't jump Duke. The 22 point loss will not be as fresh in everyone's minds at this point. But Maryland and Penn State, they'll drop below UK, and I think for the first time in a while no one is going to jump them from behind.

 

As for the seed, Lunardi had already bumped them up to the 3 line before Saturday. Of course, his death bracket has Kentucky as the 3 in the Midwest with Kansas as a 1 and Duke as a 2, so let's hope that wouldn't come to fruition.

 

Yes, that would be a tough bracket. With that said, a number 3 seed in the midwest is ideal for UK. Would mean they potentially play in Cleveland, Indy and then Catlanta.

Lunardi dropped Kentucky to a 4 seed somehow after not losing last week and all the teams in front of them going down. Crazy.

Looks like Villanova was the team that was bumped up to the 3 line. I guess that road win over Xavier made a big difference?

  • Author
Lunardi dropped Kentucky to a 4 seed somehow after not losing last week and all the teams in front of them going down. Crazy.

 

Looks like Villanova was the team that was bumped up to the 3 line. I guess that road win over Xavier made a big difference?

 

Yup, probably doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Yup, probably doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

 

Certainly. Especially because it's just a projection, and while Lunardi is good at getting the correct teams in the field, but not necessarily the seeds.

I think they'll move up to 8. I'm going to guess they don't jump Duke. The 22 point loss will not be as fresh in everyone's minds at this point. But Maryland and Penn State, they'll drop below UK, and I think for the first time in a while no one is going to jump them from behind.

 

This is exactly what happened. AP Top 25 Poll

 

They BARELY got above Maryland though.

This is exactly what happened. AP Top 25 Poll

 

They BARELY got above Maryland though.

 

UK is going to be an interesting case study for how the seed UK. UK could finish this season strong, winning the SEC and making a run in the SEC tournament. With a chance to move up even higher in the rankings. Yet the computer rankings, especially the NET they probably not get any higher than 20. So it will be interesting to see how they seed UK.

UK is going to be an interesting case study for how the seed UK. UK could finish this season strong, winning the SEC and making a run in the SEC tournament. With a chance to move up even higher in the rankings. Yet the computer rankings, especially the NET they probably not get any higher than 20. So it will be interesting to see how they seed UK.

 

If Kentucky were to win out, I think they may actually yet push for a 2 seed, but I would be surprised if they were worse than a 3 by winning out. They'd likely be close to a 2 already if not for the Evansville loss. Which... I mean it was a terrible loss. It would have been at any point of the season, though it does seem to outsize its punishment of Kentucky given it came allll the way back on November 12th. I'd like to think at some point the committee would realize its essentially not the same team. For either team - especially Evansville. Evansville has literally lost every game since HC McCarty was placed on leave (and eventually fired). That is a team with no rudder, and their SIXTEEN straight losses have taken a bad loss and made it so very much worse.

 

Twelve teams have more Quad 1 wins than Kentucky (who have 6). Several of those have more than double the Quad 1 losses as well. Kentucky has more Quad 1 wins than Gonzaga (5), Dayton (4), San Diego State (4), Duke (4), Louisville (4), Arizona (3), Florida State (4), Michigan State (5), BYU (3), West Virginia (5), Texas Tech (3), and Ohio State (5). All of these teams are rated above them in the NET. It's that one stupid loss. Even Utah (NET 81) isn't dragging them down as bad as some thought they would.

If Kentucky were to win out, I think they may actually yet push for a 2 seed, but I would be surprised if they were worse than a 3 by winning out. They'd likely be close to a 2 already if not for the Evansville loss. Which... I mean it was a terrible loss. It would have been at any point of the season, though it does seem to outsize its punishment of Kentucky given it came allll the way back on November 12th. I'd like to think at some point the committee would realize its essentially not the same team. For either team - especially Evansville. Evansville has literally lost every game since HC McCarty was placed on leave (and eventually fired). That is a team with no rudder, and their SIXTEEN straight losses have taken a bad loss and made it so very much worse.

 

Twelve teams have more Quad 1 wins than Kentucky (who have 6). Several of those have more than double the Quad 1 losses as well. Kentucky has more Quad 1 wins than Gonzaga (5), Dayton (4), San Diego State (4), Duke (4), Louisville (4), Arizona (3), Florida State (4), Michigan State (5), BYU (3), West Virginia (5), Texas Tech (3), and Ohio State (5). All of these teams are rated above them in the NET. It's that one stupid loss. Even Utah (NET 81) isn't dragging them down as bad as some thought they would.

 

I completely agree with what you said. That is why I think UK will be an interesting case study. It will show exactly how much the committee looks at the computer rankings. Would their NET ranking compared to others make them lower than they should be. Or would the committee factor in how much better they are since those two early bad losses. Including wins over teams above them in the NET such as Louisville and Michigan State.

So it will be interesting to see how they seed UK.

 

Group of death as a #4 seed, which everyone will complain about. Calipari will go on all the shows and say that the team that is really hurt the most from UK being underseeded is the #1 seed that Kentucky will have to play. Kentucky upsets them and then chokes and/or has a terrible call go against them in the Elite 8 game. Some UK fans will be calling for Cal's head.

 

Haven't we seen this movie a few times? haha!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.