The “Not Quite Hawaii” Challenge

Woo boy. A few months ago, when the Athletic Department announced we were playing the “Not Quite Hawaii” challenge, I spent a lot of time trying to find a good flight into “not quite” I hadn’t ever heard of that island before, but I figured even out there, those people KNEW Polar Bear basketball.

So imagine my surprise, when it turns out the challenge takes place in Covington... whew. That wasn’t my finest moment.

It won’t be long though, until the Polar Bears are invites to some nationally prominent tourneys like that. Coach Reed has us 4-8 and only getting better! We’re 10th in the state in scoring and when the boys buy in to his defensive system we’ll be in the top 10 for defense too before long!

I’m looking forward to a great tourney in Covington, and the Polar Bears bringing home a trophy!

Woo boy. A few months ago, when the Athletic Department announced we were playing the “Not Quite Hawaii” challenge, I spent a lot of time trying to find a good flight into “not quite” I hadn’t ever heard of that island before, but I figured even out there, those people KNEW Polar Bear basketball.

So imagine my surprise, when it turns out the challenge takes place in Covington... whew. That wasn’t my finest moment.

It won’t be long though, until the Polar Bears are invites to some nationally prominent tourneys like that. Coach Reed has us 4-8 and only getting better! We’re 10th in the state in scoring and when the boys buy in to his defensive system we’ll be in the top 10 for defense too before long!

I’m looking forward to a great tourney in Covington, and the Polar Bears bringing home a trophy!

What type of trophy are you expecting the Polar Bears to bring home?

What type of trophy are you expecting the Polar Bears to bring home?

I was going to ask a similar question. This event doesn’t appear to be set up like a traditional tournament. Maybe everyone will receive a participation trophy? Perhaps someone who knows Polar Basketball can help me out.

Holy Cross Radio will be there to broadcast the Cov Holy Cross games. Friday night vs Bracken Co at 8:00 pm and Saturday vs Walton Verona at 7:30 pm.

Here is the complete schedule:

Friday, January 3rd:

3:30 pm - Cardinal Stritch vs Lawrenceburg

5:00 pm - Newport vs South Dearborn

6:30 pm - Greenwood vs Harvest Prep

8:00 pm - Cov Holy Cross vs Bracken County

Saturday, January 4th:

12:00 pm - Cardinal Stritch vs Greenwood

1:30 pm - Lou Holy Cross vs South Dearborn

3:00 pm - Southwestern vs Lawrenceburg

4:30 pm - Harvest Prep vs Conner

6:00 pm - Bracken County vs Ryle

7:30 pm - Cov Holy Cross vs Walton Verona

Just shows how soft this modern generation is.

It’s not a tournament? Sounds like the 39th district. Just luck of the draw and hope for the best.

If it were a tourney I know that hardware would be coming to Brooksville. Coach Reed is a competitor and loves this game more than anyone!