Can Florida make it to the BCS Title game?

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead. I'll be waiting for the thread. I would like to see every team they played and who they won and lost to. It's very easy to say the SEC is the best when all they beat were other SEC teams. Do you really want to look at the WHOLE picture? Isn't that what the computers are supposed to do???

Do I really want to look at the whole picture? Isn't that what I said?

That's the ONLY way you can argue that one team deserves it more than the other. Limiting it to 3 games is silly. That would be like limiting to only looking at the one team you lost to.

Do I really want to look at the whole picture? Isn't that what I said?

That's the ONLY way you can argue that one team deserves it more than the other. Limiting it to 3 games is silly. That would be like limiting to only looking at the one team you lost to.

I'll be waiting for your thread giving us the whole picture...

With all due respect, that doesn't make much sense. Each team played 12 or 13 games. Why pick out a few as your basis? Evaluate the merits of each team's ENTIRE schedule and performance.

What am I missing here?

I understand, and I'll try to explain to you my point. By evaluating the OOC schedules, I am, indirectly evaluating all of UF wins. What I'm trying to show is that while a lot of teams from the SEC are going to bowl games, and quite a few are ranked and have some decent records, they got half of that record by playing teams that are in the bottom fourth(or not even in it at all) of NCAA division I football. So the same, ohfor fun's purpose I'll use Georgia, team that finished 8-4 in the SEC, really only beat 4 teams of quality(assuming that we count ALL SEC wins as quality wins). But they end up 8-4 and everyone says, see UF beat an 8-4 Georgia team that we all saw was highly overrated, and eventually exposed, through the year. But by god they were 8-4!!! Is it a requirement to play in the SEC that you HAVE to schedule a 1AA team? Just curious..........

I'm not the one arguing for one team over the other so why are you waiting for me?

It can be spun either way a million times. SEC OOC as a whole. Big 11 down year from Iowa and Michigan St compared to what was expected. Michigan St stinks, but takes ND to wire. Gators had trouble with UK/Vandy/UGA in the Swamp. UM had trouble with Ball St. UM lost THE Michigan man a day before playing on an awful surface. How deep are we looking for the whole story? UF played a 1AA? How many SEC teams took advantage of that one? How about the Big 11? Deeper? I need some boots...

It can be spun either way a million times. SEC OOC as a whole. Big 11 down year from Iowa and Michigan St compared to what was expected. Michigan St stinks, but takes ND to wire. Gators had trouble with UK/Vandy/UGA in the Swamp. UM had trouble with Ball St. UM lost THE Michigan man a day before playing on an awful surface. How deep are we looking for the whole story? UF played a 1AA? How many SEC teams took advantage of that one? How about the Big 11? Deeper? I need some boots...

If your argument is in there for one team over the other, I missed it. Lay it out for me as to why your team deserves it. I'll assume its the Blue.

Here is Georgia's OOC schedule.......

Western Kentucky

UAB

Colorado

Georgia Tech

And of course UK's

@Lousiville

Texas St.

CMU

Lousiana Monroe

UK right now has the best OOC schedule.....

And that has what to do with this thread?

I What I'm trying to show is that while a lot of teams from the SEC are going to bowl games, and quite a few are ranked and have some decent records, they got half of that record by playing teams that are in the bottom fourth(or not even in it at all) of NCAA division I football. So the same, ohfor fun's purpose I'll use Georgia, team that finished 8-4 in the SEC, really only beat 4 teams of quality(assuming that we count ALL SEC wins as quality wins). But they end up 8-4 and everyone says, see UF beat an 8-4 Georgia team that we all saw was highly overrated, and eventually exposed, through the year. But by god they were 8-4!!! Is it a requirement to play in the SEC that you HAVE to schedule a 1AA team? Just curious..........

Can't the same thing be said for teams that UM has beaten? (CMU, PSU, etc.) The argument that you make cuts both ways. Throw out the 1-AA win for UF, and they are still 11-1, the same as UM.