Can Florida make it to the BCS Title game?

letabrotherspeak

I'll go with Florida:

1. Florida won the SEC Championship against a top 10 team. The Big Ten doesn't have a conference championship. If they did, it would be OSU vs. Michigan and the loser would be put out of the championship picture.

2. Top to bottom, the SEC is better than the Big 10.

3. Per tonight's announcers, Florida's opponents have the best winning percentage of any team's opponents in the country.

4. I can't see how the winner of the SEC should be denied a shot by the #2 team of the Big 10.

5. Michigan already had their shot at OSU.

However, if Michigan is selected, I'll be rooting for them.;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with Florida:

1. Florida won the SEC Championship against a top 10 team. The Big Ten doesn't have a conference championship. If they did, it would be OSU vs. Michigan and the loser would be put out of the championship picture.

2. Top to bottom, the SEC is better than the Big 10.

3. Per tonight's announcers, Florida's opponents have the best winning percentage of any team's opponents in the country.

4. I can't see how the winner of the SEC should be denied a shot by the #2 team of the Big 10.

5. Michigan already had their shot at OSU.

However, if Michigan is selected, I'll be rooting for them.;)

Your family back in the promise land called and said your travel rights back home have been revoked... :p

UF 3-1 against Top 25 teams, UM 2-1. UF beat 7 teams with winning records, UM beat only 4. UF got 2 wins over teams with losing records, while 4 of UM's came from teams with losing records. Add to that UF's 12-1 record was playing in the best conference in the land. As much as I'd like for OSU to get to beat Michigan 2 times in a season, I really don't see how a rematch would be the right thing.

UF 3-1 against Top 25 teams, UM 2-1. UF beat 7 teams with winning records, UM beat only 4. As much as I'd like for OSU to get to beat Michigan 2 times in a season, I really don't see how a rematch would be the right thing. Add to that UF's 12-1 record was playing in the best conference in the land.

First, other than your OOC schedule(which UM wins hands down...see earlier post), you really can't control who does what within your conference and who you play. That's dictated to you. What did Florida do in their OOC schedule to say, hey guys, if we are close with another team, we deserve the nod? 1AA teams? UCF? Seriously. How about common opponents if we want a good gauge? Didn't both teams play Vandy? I think your just scared...........:flame:

10 Points... not bad. And only one loss in the SEC? Not bad either. Does America really want to see a rematch??? Just some Questions going through the BCS guy's heads right now. Ohio State Vs. The Mighty SEC, the BCS could decide a lot of debating.

Just some food for thought,

Yoter

First, other than your OOC schedule(which UM wins hands down...see earlier post), you really can't control who does what within your conference and who you play. That's dictated to you. What did Florida do in their OOC schedule to say, hey guys, if we are close with another team, we deserve the nod? 1AA teams? UCF? Seriously. How about common opponents if we want a good gauge? Didn't both teams play Vandy? I think your just scared...........:flame:

I don't disagree that you can't change the quality of your in conference schedule, but it DOES matter, just ask U of L. Pretty clear that UF's in conference wins more than make up for the OOC win (over ND) that you must be trying to hang your hat on. UK thumped Vandy, I guess they should be in the mix too? What about Purdue, N. Illinois, C. Michigan, and W. Michigan. They all beat Ball State by a bigger margin than UM did. I don't think you want to go down that road.

Why so much emphasis on the OOC schedule? Why not the entire body of work?

UF 3-1 against Top 25 teams, UM 2-1. UF beat 7 teams with winning records, UM beat only 4. UF got 2 wins over teams with losing records, while 4 of UM's came from teams with losing records. Add to that UF's 12-1 record was playing in the best conference in the land. As much as I'd like for OSU to get to beat Michigan 2 times in a season, I really don't see how a rematch would be the right thing.

I wonder how so many of those SEC teams got those "winning" records? I'll tell you the difference.........soft OOC schedules. Not too difficult to play Western Carolina and get a W, or Duke, etc, etc. Georgia went 8-4 in "the best conference in the land" and if anyone wants to start in about how good they were this year, well, wow.........

Why so much emphasis on the OOC schedule? Why not the entire body of work?

Because OOC is the only thing you can control. And I don't put much stock into teams that beefed up their win totals with wins over the little sisters of the poor in OOC games. Just glanced at Auburns OOC games.......

Washington St.

Buffalo

Tulane

Arkansas St.

ALL at home

Now if you don't look at this and count 4 wins without a doubt, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not trying to hang my hat on a ND win, but at least we played SOMEBODY.........and C Mich did win the MAC, and Ball St. did decent. They surely weren't 1AA teams. I guess the point I'm making is, while I may even agree that the SEC is the best conference(most years), the number of wins isn't the same vs. the Big 10 because they all have 4 patsies on their schedule outside the conference. Add to that 3, yes, just 3 in conference wins, and BOOM you have a winning season.

I don't disagree that you can't change the quality of your in conference schedule, but it DOES matter, just ask U of L. Pretty clear that UF's in conference wins more than make up for the OOC win (over ND) that you must be trying to hang your hat on.

UL was #3 in the BCS before they lost, and are still in nice position for tomorrow right now. Huh???

Because OOC is the only thing you can control.

With all due respect, that doesn't make much sense. Each team played 12 or 13 games. Why pick out a few as your basis? Evaluate the merits of each team's ENTIRE schedule and performance.

What am I missing here?

With all due respect, that doesn't make much sense. Each team played 12 or 13 games. Why pick out a few as your basis? Evaluate the merits of each team's ENTIRE schedule and performance.

What am I missing here?

Go ahead. I'll be waiting for the thread. I would like to see every team they played and who they won and lost to. It's very easy to say the SEC is the best when all they beat were other SEC teams. Do you really want to look at the WHOLE picture? Isn't that what the computers are supposed to do???