North Carolina 75 Kentucky 63

Mr. No Name

What has Porter done to make you think he can score from the arc...He may be okay, but, not the answer...I'll take my chances with Bradley and Crawford from the 3 range at this point...Porter has had good looks from the perimeter numerous times this year and doesn't even look to shoot...A zone breaker is one who'll get the ball and square up and fire...He doesn't do that.

Well lets see when has had open shots from the 3 point line he has made them. And how many times today did guys like Crawford have WIDE open threes only to miss? I have seen that happen a quite of few times this year with alot of our guys. Yeah Porter is not someone who is going to create his own shot off the dribble and just jump up and shoot over someone like Crawford, but he will be able to knock down open threes like he has. Did you not think that Cameron Mills should have been playing back in the day then? Mills all he could do was shoot, he couldn't play a lick of defense. While Porter does knock down open shots, but he also plays hard defense, and is just always around the ball. Finally not to mention he is still just a freshman, so the more minutes he gets the better he will be, and the more confidence he gets the more you probably will see him just catch the ball and fire right away...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of you all say stuff to us like we are not true fans since we are not complaining the whole time like you all are, but I guarntee you for all of us, or atleast for me losing hurts me as bad as anyone. So we go through the same pain that you all feel...But maybe I am just blind and not seeing things right, but from what I have seen from this team so far is a team I really like. Yeah we do got 3 losses already, but look at the teams we lost to and how we played against them. We have played 2 teams that are 2 of the top 5 teams in the country and played right with them, and silly mistakes hurt us. The Memphis game I really dont count that much because that matchup was just not a good one for us at all. That was our 5th game in 8 days and 3rd in 60 hours, and after that first half when we played with them, we just had nothing left, and well that could kind of be expected after playing that many games...So the fact is sill turnovers on our own teams part is the reason why we have 3 losses, because if we dont have those, then good chance we win one of the two against UCLA and UNC...

I just really dont get it, maybe last years bad year have just made some of you look at everything in a bad way. But if you really look at this team and how they play, we are not far off at all from being a great team. And as this year goes on, this team is going to turn into being a really good team. As I said maybe I am the only one who sees this, but IMO as I have said for awhile though this team will end up being a really special team before this year is done...

:thumb: Excellent!!!:thumb:

If RM was unstoppable today, which was evident, why did he not get more touches? Why not ride him?

I think we're going to have to see more of Jasper at PG and give Ramel some time at the 2.

:thumb: I just do not think Bradley can run this team. He is far to inconsistent.

Okay obviously our offense was not very good today. Morris did a great job and flat out outplayed Hansborough all over the floor. The problem is we really didnt anywhere else.

I was very pleased with the effort. I thought UK played very hard. Im guessing that we probably outrebounded them.

I understand fans being frustrated at this point. But I did see some potential and I want to see how they are playing come January and February. I will be very dissapointed if we don't run the table the rest of the way with our non-conference schedule.

I don't care what anyone says. Bradley is a chippy player. If you watch him play long enough, you will see it. I just thought this was against what Tubby stood for.

I wish the rest of the team had his attitude. He may not be the best PG ever, but he's trying his absolute hardest to do what the TEAM needs from him.

Everyone knows he'd rather be jacking 3s and taking guys off the dribble, but Tubby told him he needs to be a PG and he's trying. He took the 2nd fewest shots of all the starters (Thomas took the fewest, and there's a whole thread about him) and still everyone rides him.

If a few more guys cared about the name across their chest like Bradley does, maybe they'd actually show up and play.

Bradley does NOT play dirty, and he doesn't get in trouble off the court. He's constantly encouraging teammates and getting after it on the court. I don't see what your deal is with him.

UK players SHOULD have a swagger about them. The history of the program deserves it.

UK did better than I thought they would today. It is clear though that the program has declined. Instead of expecting to beat UNC, the Cats just hope to not get blown out and maybe have a shot at winning.

without Morris and Crawford, this team doesn't make the NCAA tourney and is under a .500 record. While I think Crawford turned the ball over too much, I do like how he tries to go to the basket with the ball. UK has no other scoring threat besides him and Morris. Would you rather have Perry or Thomas shooting it or Bradley throwing up a runner or turning it over?

Uk's record against ranked teams is really bad over the past couple of years.

I am getting tired of hearing about moral victories I truly believe that Kentucky played hard today but us losing close is not good enough. We are Kentucky we should be top 10 in the nation every year.

Looks like another one "off the bandwagon." ;)

When was our last win over a "Quality" team? UofL last year dose'nt count. (NIT) Was it 2003/2004? We beat UT once last year and everyone lost their minds. What is going on? We can't get within 15 of the Gators. UConn was a good game, but we lost. No stand out quality win in 05/06, none so far this year. I have followed UK for 30+ years faithfully and every one has a down year, but this is one long stretch. We can claim parity in college ball, but Duke, UNC, et al don't seem to be affected like us. We just don't have the Kentucky level talent. Pitino had one 10+ loss season here, and that was his first year + probation. He never lost more than 7 after that. How many 10 loss seasons have we had since he left? How many did Hall/Sutton/Rupp have? The game and parity have'nt changed, we have.

Jasper will be the key to this team, he is the best PG on the team. No team will win on the road against a top 5 talent if they turn it over 20+ times, most of the turnovers I saw were just poor decisions, Wright was a monster and Terry hit some monster threes to give UNC the edge in the 2nd half. I'm not giving up on this team, they are a work in process.

When was our last win over a "Quality" team? UofL last year dose'nt count. (NIT) Was it 2003/2004? We beat UT once last year and everyone lost their minds. What is going on? We can't get within 15 of the Gators. UConn was a good game, but we lost. No stand out quality win in 05/06, none so far this year. I have followed UK for 30+ years faithfully and every one has a down year, but this is one long stretch. We can claim parity in college ball, but Duke, UNC, et al don't seem to be affected like us. We just don't have the Kentucky level talent. Pitino had one 10+ loss season here, and that was his first year + probation. He never lost more than 7 after that. How many 10 loss seasons have we had since he left? How many did Hall/Sutton/Rupp have? The game and parity have'nt changed, we have.

I agree there haven't been many but West Va. last year has to count as one.

Let me throw something out there for you to play with... "Bradley" in my opinion is Huggy Bear material (if you can read between the lines, you know what im talking about.) Tubby is praised for bringing in church going choir boys. But Bradley appears to be as rough around the edges as a Carruth. Why is this never mentioned? During any given game, this guy is a liability to start a fight. I mean don't get me wrong, with how bad things have been if find it entertaining. But is this a double standard?

I dont buy that...

Bradley has some flair to him, but he hasn't been a difficult kid to coach.

Competitive...

Carruth was flat out subordinate. WIll remember two things about Carruth.

The game where he was mad about his PT and he refused to shoot.

Secondly, he was interviewed at the McDonald's A-A game and asked what he was going to do when he got to UK, "Shoot the three, dawg!"