December 2, 200619 yr About what everyone expected. UK could have easily been in that game in the end. 20+ tunrovers just won't cut it.
December 2, 200619 yr Wright and Mr. show up for 1 game a year was the difference. Turnovers were the key. UK to many and UNC not enough. Morris played well.
December 2, 200619 yr About what everyone expected. UK could have easily been in that game in the end. 20+ tunrovers just won't cut it. This is not what I expect out of Kentucky. UK basketball has fallen to an absolutely pathetic level.
December 2, 200619 yr Positives and negatives as with any game. FWIW, UK played pretty well, probably even better than expected, especially defensively. Turnovers and questionable tactics late were part of the loss. They gave up that crucial run four minutes into the second half when UNC pushed it from six points to fifteen and UK was never closer than nine after that. It's only getting more alarming how much of the offense comes from Morris. not getting enough production from everyone else. It was obscene that they had 40 points at one point and 19 were from him. It became a little more equitable at the end with him having 23 of their 61, but they've really got to find some more production.
December 2, 200619 yr Cats played real hard. Pretty good defense, same old offense. How about my man Morris? This guy has been bashed for 2 years but your not hearing it much anymore are you? He kept UK in the game and prevented a 30 point blow out. I hate to say it but if Wright had signed with UK, I bet we win this game today. The effects of missing 1-2 recruits catching up with us.
December 2, 200619 yr How about that Crawford double double...10 pts & 10 turnovers Probably about 15 shots to go along with it.
December 2, 200619 yr Great effort by the Wildcats. Hats off to Tubby Smith. He had an excellent game plan but the Cats came up a little short. Kentucky showed a lot of guts in this game. When the game became very physical, Cats met NC in the middle of the ring and never backed down. Tremendous effort by R. Morris on both ends of the court. Freshman continued to show promise but played like true Freshman today. That is expected. Failure to take care of the ball determined the outcome. Never satisfied with an L but I saw a lot of positives. Crawford had a nice game(except to's) and a nice homecoming for Bobby Perry who also played well. Time to go back to work on taking care of the ball and improve shooting. Gutsy performance by the Cats.
December 2, 200619 yr Cats played real hard. Pretty good defense, same old offense. How about my man Morris? This guy has been bashed for 2 years but your not hearing it much anymore are you? He kept UK in the game and prevented a 30 point blow out. I hate to say it but if Wright had signed with UK, I bet we win this game today. The effects of missing 1-2 recruits catching up with us.
December 2, 200619 yr Cats played real hard. Pretty good defense, same old offense. How about my man Morris? This guy has been bashed for 2 years but your not hearing it much anymore are you? He kept UK in the game and prevented a 30 point blow out. I hate to say it but if Wright had signed with UK, I bet we win this game today. The effects of missing 1-2 recruits catching up with us. Where have I read that before???
December 2, 200619 yr Great effort by the Wildcats. Hats off to Tubby Smith. He had an excellent game plan but the Cats came up a little short. Kentucky showed a lot of guts in this game. This is becoming the norm at UK. We played hard, got a moral victory on the road, hopefully we'll improve. Remember when Kentucky walked into every gym with a swagger? I'm having a hard time remembering when that happened last.
December 2, 200619 yr This is becoming the norm at UK. We played hard, got a moral victory on the road, hopefully we'll improve. Remember when Kentucky walked into every gym with a swagger? I'm having a hard time remembering when that happened last. I'm sick of settling for moral victories. UK is no longer an elite team. That's the bottom line.
December 2, 200619 yr How about that Crawford double double...10 pts & 10 turnovers Crawford had 6 turnovers
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.