Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina 75 Kentucky 63

Featured Replies

I'm sick of settling for moral victories. UK is no longer an elite team. That's the bottom line.

 

I agree totally. My father and I were discussing the similarities between UK basketball and Alabama football yesterday. While most of the fans for both are making excuses and trying to qualify their program as top notch, in reality, both UK basketball and Alabama football are simply a top 30 program at best. Changes must be made.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sick of settling for moral victories. UK is no longer an elite team. That's the bottom line.

 

Where have you been the past few years?

Best defense we have played this year. Rebounded the ball well...

Kept Hansbrough in check.

Unfortunately, the Heels hit some 3's.

Absolutely pitiful by turning the ball over. That was the key to the game. Cost ourselves possessions.

The Bradley experiment has to end.

No halfcourt offense except Morris and they didnt get him enough touches.

Never led the entire game...

Crawford had 6 turnovers

 

What do you think LABS? Frusterated? Growing pains? Do you think things will get better?

I have no idea what some of you guys expect from UK. They went on the road, played UNC a very tight game for most of both halves.

 

Two many TO's and inability, to knock down the perimeter jump shot. Defense and rebounding were excellent, effort was there, dribble penetration must improve and Crawford will cut down on his forced TO's.

 

Entirely too many positives in this game, to start the terrible, pathetic comments, that seem to follow from some of you....I'd be embarrassed to claim I was a UK fan, if all I could be was negative.

 

Great effort by UK, much improved in certain areas and assists to turnovers, must improve.

Im telling you now. If Morris keeps this up.. we are in trouble. If he declares for the NBA he's gone regardless of getting drafted. We don't have a replacement. And we find big guys (as you can tell) every solar eclipse.

What do you think LABS? Frusterated? Growing pains? Do you think things will get better?

He looks out of control every time he touches it. I've never seen a player put his head down so much.

I agree totally. My father and I were discussing the similarities between UK basketball and Alabama football yesterday. While most of the fans for both are making excuses and trying to qualify their program as top notch, in reality, both UK basketball and Alabama football are simply a top 30 program at best. Changes must be made.
I want to see if you can name 30 programs better than UK. If you want to look at current rankings then maybe, but that holds very little water in most people's eyes.
I have no idea what some of you guys expect from UK. They went on the road, played UNC a very tight game for most of both halves.

 

Two many TO's and inability, to knock down the perimeter jump shot. Defense and rebounding were excellent, effort was there, dribble penetration must improve and Crawford will cut down on his forced TO's.

 

Entirely too many positives in this game, to start the terrible, pathetic comments, that seem to follow from some of you....I'd be embarrased to claim I was a UK fan, if all I could be was negative.

 

Great effort by UK, much improved in certain areas and assists to turnovers, must improve.

 

Here is the concept your missing. UK is supposed to be elite right? We have played 3 elite teams.

 

UCLA = L

Memphis = L

UNC = L

Where have you been the past few years?

I will give you last year. Two years ago we were an overtime(really a rebound) away from the Final 4 and three and four years ago we entered the tournament as the top rated team.

Good Effort by UK

 

UK shot 46% from the field

UNC shot 38% from the field

 

UK had 22 TO's (Crawford had 7)

UNC had 9 TO's

 

Attendance: 21,147

 

UK

 

Morris

11-12 FG

1-3 FT

7 Reb

23 Pts

3 Blocked Shots

 

Crawford

5-12 FG

0-5 Three Pointers

4-5 FT

10 Reb

14 Pts

 

Bobby Perry

5-8 FG

2-3 Three Pointers

0-0 FT

5 Reb

12 Pts

 

UNC

 

Ellington

6-13 FG

3-7 Three Pointers

2-2 FT

2 Reb

17 Pts

 

Terry

5-11 FG

4-6 Three Pointers

16 Pts

 

Wright

7-12 FG

6 Reb

16 Pts

 

Hansbrough

2-10 FG

3-6 FT

4 Reb

7 Pts

I will give you last year. Two years ago we were an overtime(really a rebound) away from the Final 4 and three and four years ago we entered the tournament as the top rated team.

 

I'm tired of hearing it. UK is no longer an elite team and there's not really even an argument.

I will give you last year. Two years ago we were an overtime(really a rebound) away from the Final 4 and three and four years ago we entered the tournament as the top rated team.

 

Your right O.R. That's my problem with the program. Inconsistant and appears to be declining....

I want to see if you can name 30 programs better than UK. If you want to look at current rankings then maybe, but that holds very little water in most people's eyes.

 

I just meant that in previous years you could count on anyone in the country listing UK among the top five programs in the country. Maybe I should have said top-20. Now recruits often don't even think about Kentucky, and if they do think about it, they choose another school. We're left with several players who would never have worn a UK jerseys 10-20 years ago.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.