North Carolina 75 Kentucky 63

Mr. No Name

This is becoming the norm at UK. We played hard, got a moral victory on the road, hopefully we'll improve. Remember when Kentucky walked into every gym with a swagger? I'm having a hard time remembering when that happened last.

No such thig as a moral victory but you can't fault the effort by the Cats regardless of the outcome.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morris DOMINATED TH. Despite the loss, got to love seeing that.

I'm not a Hansbrough guy. I think much of the media is excited about him because he is the "Great White Hope" in college basketball. In reality, many of the best big men have went pro in the last few years, leaving few schools with solid centers, therefore helping Hansbrough have more success.

Here is the concept your missing. UK is supposed to be elite right? We have played 3 elite teams.

UCLA = L

Memphis = L

UNC = L

That is why they games are played, because someone has to lose.....UCLA is rated #1 and where is UNC and because UK lost to both of them, then the program is failing....:lol:

Is Gonzaga an elite team, or one that plays a good team style of play, because they beat UNC.

I just meant that in previous years you could count on anyone in the country listing UK among the top five programs in the country. Maybe I should have said top-20. Now recruits often don't even think about Kentucky, and if they do think about it, they choose another school. We're left with several players who would never have worn a UK jerseys 10-20 years ago.

:thumb: That makes a little more sense.:cool: :thumb:

I'm tired of hearing it. UK is no longer an elite team and there's not really even an argument.

Last year they weren't and this year it certainly doesn't look like it. It depends on the timeframe you choose to define elite WM.

Your right O.R. That's my problem with the program. Inconsistant and appears to be declining....

It certainly appears that way. Last year was painful and this year could shape up to be that way. Tubby's seat definitely is warming up and rightfully so. Like you said... a recruit here or there and we aren't talking like this.

That is why they games are played, because someone has to lose.....UCLA is rated #1 and where is UNC and because UK lost to both of them, then the program is failing....:lol:

Is Gonzaga an elite team, or one that plays a good team style of play, because they beat UNC.

Oh yeah, UK is NOT ranked by the way. Just thought I'd point that out.

Its funny how you laugh, but the rest of the country is laughing at us. Not only are LSU players pointing out our decline, the rest of the country is seeing it. You have ZERO response to us losing to 3 top teams. We are supposed to be a top team shouldn't we beat at least 1 of those teams? Thanks.

Its funny how you laugh, but the rest of the country is laughing at us. Not only are LSU players pointing out our decline, the rest of the country is seeing it. You have ZERO response to us losing to 3 top teams. We are supposed to be a top team shouldn't we beat at least 1 of those teams? Thanks.

I'm drawing the line. UK is now a second-level program. Everyone in the country sees that besides a few "die hard" people out there that see a 12-point loss to UNC as a "moral victory".

Poor ball handler...inconsistent shooter...dribbles with head down, does not distribute the ball...to quote Jay Bilas from ESPN, "the ball just dies in his hands"

Will it get better...maybe next year.

Let me throw something out there for you to play with... "Bradley" in my opinion is Huggy Bear material (if you can read between the lines, you know what im talking about.) Tubby is praised for bringing in church going choir boys. But Bradley appears to be as rough around the edges as a Carruth. Why is this never mentioned? During any given game, this guy is a liability to start a fight. I mean don't get me wrong, with how bad things have been if find it entertaining. But is this a double standard?

Gonzaga is ahead of Kentucky right now, in my opinion. I think most recruits would choose the Zags over Kentucky today, simply because they are a better name, play a better style and appeal across the country, while Kentucky does none of the three.

Let me throw something out there for you to play with... "Bradley" in my opinion is Huggy Bear material (if you can read between the lines, you know what im talking about.) Tubby is praised for bringing in church going choir boys. But Bradley appears to be as rough around the edges as a Carruth. Why is this never mentioned? During any given game, this guy is a liability to start a fight. I mean don't get me wrong, with how bad things have been if find it entertaining. But is this a double standard?

I think you're reaching for something that's not there on this one SA.

Most of whom I see laughing, is some that allege they are UK fans.

Is the fact UK lost to 3, very good teams mean the program should be shut down.....Winning 1 of those games would have been great but does not change the season.

Oh yeah, UK is NOT ranked by the way. Just thought I'd point that out.
I'm very aware of that and playing very good teams, will make any team better and UK will get better.