Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina 75 Kentucky 63

Featured Replies

I think I was almost dead on in my prediction. Control tempo and fall by 10. Silly me...

 

About 50 million people including everyone in Las Vegas had the same prediction...

 

Sad, but the current state of UK basketball is talking about how good the losses are, and if you don't like it, you aren't really a fan...

  • Replies 193
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First good class since 04. You can't have the big gaps inbetween. As I said before; when Jasper/Meeks get good, Crawford and Morris will be gone. We are back in the same boat. A 5 star recruit from KY, Hopson a top 10 ranked player, and the best SF in his class right now signed with Miss State already.

So one year is a BIG gap I guess?

Is this the foul that "was not intentional"...:lol:

 

http://northcarolina.rivals.com/ffeature.asp?SID=941&fid=14990

Rivals.com Photo Feature

 

It's the 3rd photo if that does not work...

 

That was AFTER Bradley had made his play on the ball and was attempting to keep himself and Ellington off the floor.

 

It was certainly a hard foul, but should never have been called intentional.

Can we trade Ramel Bradley for like a 2nd Round draft pick or something. And while were at it, release Sheray Thomas, Lukasz Orbzut, Jared Carter, and Mark Coury and just replace them with some players from UK's Intramural League, because I don't think the outcome would be much different.

 

Carter and Coury have potential. Woo is a lost cause, and Sheray is a necessary warm body at PF.

Final. Cats played hard, just not enough talent.

They have the Talent, just cant turn the ball over that many times and expect to when Tubby has to concentrate on that...

That was AFTER Bradley had made his play on the ball and was attempting to keep himself and Ellington off the floor.

 

It was certainly a hard foul, but should never have been called intentional.

 

:thumb:

Who do you think they will lose to, Louisville or Indiana ? or both ?

 

Both sadly

Okay so we corrected our defense this past week now this week we can correct our offense some! I think Bradley is confused and at this point doesnt know when to shoot and when to pass or drive or what have you. Crawford's TOs really hurt him and he missed some good looks from the 3 point line early.

One thing that will get you beat every game you play that is somewhat close just about it, is being 0-3 in 3 straight 1 and 1 situations. Thats 6 points the team lost right there.

Both sadly

 

And what has made you come to that conclusion that we will lose both?

I thought the Cats played pretty good considering that they were playing 4 on 5 for 23 minutes of the game against North Carolina. :D

 

The only thing that kept this game from getting really ugly was UNC. They didn't put the hammer down. They done just enough to maintain around a 10 point lead...it didn't seem like they even had to expend much energy to do that.

 

Gotta get the freshmen in the game more...I don't know what's keeping that from happening.

Is anyone really surprised at the outcome and the margin????

I've been a Ky fan all my life,I guess the first team I really remember was the one tha lost in the finals to Texas Western or Texas something, so I go back aways. I can truly see both sides of the arguement and last year is what got most of this started. I too was as frustrated as anyone with last years team, but I also remember being the same way with some of Joe B's teams. Not because of a lack of talent, but because of some of the coaching decisions he made. Now last year and starting this we have less talent than most fans are used to, and Tubby's offensive scheme can be somewhat boring even with very talented players. While I will always be a UK fan I can be unhappy with some of the things that are going on. People saying we lost to two top 5 teams is not that bad:my problem like many others is we used to be one of those top 5 teams, and while I don't see us getting there this year I am seeing improvement.So being true blue should I just accept what I see and be happy with playing good teams close? I don't think so.

Tubby's gameplan of controlling the tempo kept the Cats in this one. Had they taken care of the ball better and had NC not made a few of those three's, it could have ben very interesting. Good job by the Tubster for his plan. It kept the crowd out of the game for the most part.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.