North Carolina 75 Kentucky 63

Mr. No Name

Agreed and to me, this is a critical area of concern the staff must address.

Better perimeter shooting, will open up the inside for Morris, Crawford, Perry and Thomas.

The two coincide with one another definetley. The PG play is the biggest key. Someone that can control the pressure, penetrate and dish or kick... UK currently cannot do it (Bradley cannot, I think the keys are going to have to be turned to Jasper and let him grow). The PG play would = good looks both on the interior and perimiter.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to start the terrible, pathetic comments, that seem to follow from some of you....I'd be embarrassed to claim I was a UK fan, if all I could be was negative.

:thumb: :thumb: Great post STRIKE. I am not into calling a game a moral victory at all so I will not call it that. We lost......period. The Wildcats showed some real positive signs today and Morris played like the force that he can be. We had FAR too many t.o.'s and imo that was the difference in the game. I thought that Tubby had an excellent game plan for today by going zone and not running with UNC. Our defense looked better and the 3's did not fall and like I said there were too many turnovers. I 100% agree with you on some calling themselves true UK fans and constantly being negative.:irked: I sometimes think that a few on here would withdraw their support if thing were going great, then again they would always find something to complain about.:rolleyes: The only thing that is pathetic is some of the constant negative talk and slamming the players and coach.

As for the game now it sucks that we lost, becuase this game is a game we could have won IMO, just like the UCLA game. We played a great defensive game and didn't allow UNC to play their game, but stupid and just silly turnovers that alot of the times really had nothing to do with UNC's defense hurt us. And then except for Perry, we were just not able to make any 3's from the outside today and UNC was able too.

Alot of people are mad and are completely down and I just dont get that one bit. Yeah it sucks losing, and these are games a program like UK should win. But if alot of you all who are upset have actually looked at these games this year, we had a great chance to beat the #1 team in the country in UCLA and then today we could not shoot the ball and just kept turning it over, but yet still was kind of in the game against one of the top 5 teams in the country on THEIR own home court. Alot of you all also have seemed to forget that this was really are first REAL road game this year. I mean in Maui those were still like home games for us with all of our fans. So this was the first real road game for us, and the freshman who are a big part to this team, definitely played like freshman in their first road game and that is expected...

Alot of you all say stuff to us like we are not true fans since we are not complaining the whole time like you all are, but I guarntee you for all of us, or atleast for me losing hurts me as bad as anyone. So we go through the same pain that you all feel...But maybe I am just blind and not seeing things right, but from what I have seen from this team so far is a team I really like. Yeah we do got 3 losses already, but look at the teams we lost to and how we played against them. We have played 2 teams that are 2 of the top 5 teams in the country and played right with them, and silly mistakes hurt us. The Memphis game I really dont count that much because that matchup was just not a good one for us at all. That was our 5th game in 8 days and 3rd in 60 hours, and after that first half when we played with them, we just had nothing left, and well that could kind of be expected after playing that many games...So the fact is sill turnovers on our own teams part is the reason why we have 3 losses, because if we dont have those, then good chance we win one of the two against UCLA and UNC...

I just really dont get it, maybe last years bad year have just made some of you look at everything in a bad way. But if you really look at this team and how they play, we are not far off at all from being a great team. And as this year goes on, this team is going to turn into being a really good team. As I said maybe I am the only one who sees this, but IMO as I have said for awhile though this team will end up being a really special team before this year is done...

Ok what is to stop him. What would be the reason he would want to stay even if they are going to make the tourney.

Just that getting the chance to be in the tournament and being the star on the team for the team. Also I mean if he gets picked up its not going to be any really huge amount of money, because a team is not going to give him a huge contract like a 1st rounder. So it still would be making more money than he is getting now, but it wont be an amount that he would just say wow and then jet off to the league. Also another thing is the NBA season is long, so he knows he could still go as soon as the college season is over. One final thing would be is if he is the star of his college team which he is now, then why would he want to give that up during the middle of the season to sit on the bench and probably not get that much minutes right away...

So yeah as I said before I really dont see him leaving during the season at all. And if he were to leave IMO it would only because he knows for sure we weren't going to make the tournament, which is something we wont have to worry about...

The two coincide with one another definetley. The PG play is the biggest key. Someone that can control the pressure, penetrate and dish or kick... UK currently cannot do it (Bradley cannot, I think the keys are going to have to be turned to Jasper and let him grow). The PG play would = good looks both on the interior and perimiter.

I just dont agree with that at all, because both Bradley and Jasper make some stupid turnovers, and they both have around the same amount of assists. The difference is though Bradley has the ability to actually go score, while Jasper cant. And well with this offense I dont think you would want to put another guy in there who really is not much of a threat to score to go along with people like Thomas, and Stevenson who are people who aren't going to score much either...

Getting in on this thread a little late, but wanted to throw in my observations.

1. Cats outrebounded the Heels 39-31. That's a positive sign.

2. Morris staying out of foul trouble was a big key to UK not getting blitzed early.

3. Sheray Thomas is terrible.

4. Cats looked a little lost at times in the 32 zone. Rotation were poor and allowed UNC shooters to spot up and get good looks.

5. Cats cut their TOs in half and we've got ourselves a ball game.

6. Jasper needs to run the point.

7. I could have sworn I saw Randolph scowl at one point during the game.

All in all, UK showed grit and refused to get blown out. Solid effort, definitely something to build off of. In the end, talent won.

Just that getting the chance to be in the tournament and being the star on the team for the team. Also I mean if he gets picked up its not going to be any really huge amount of money, because a team is not going to give him a huge contract like a 1st rounder. So it still would be making more money than he is getting now, but it wont be an amount that he would just say wow and then jet off to the league. Also another thing is the NBA season is long, so he knows he could still go as soon as the college season is over. One final thing would be is if he is the star of his college team which he is now, then why would he want to give that up during the middle of the season to sit on the bench and probably not get that much minutes right away...

So yeah as I said before I really dont see him leaving during the season at all. And if he were to leave IMO it would only because he knows for sure we weren't going to make the tournament, which is something we wont have to worry about...

:thumb: :thumb:

The person I think Tubby needs to start playing more is Porter. Porter is someone who does go in their and plays hard defense, and just seems to always be around the ball. But he also gives us a legit 3 point shooter who can knock down the 3 at anytime in the game, which is something we dont have right now...

I think Tubby needs to start playing more is Porter. Porter is someone who does go in their and plays hard defense, and just seems to always be around the ball. But he also gives us a legit 3 point shooter who can knock down the 3 at anytime in the game, which is something we dont have right now...

:thumb: I agree 100%.

UK did better than I thought they would today. It is clear though that the program has declined. Instead of expecting to beat UNC, the Cats just hope to not get blown out and maybe have a shot at winning.

without Morris and Crawford, this team doesn't make the NCAA tourney and is under a .500 record. While I think Crawford turned the ball over too much, I do like how he tries to go to the basket with the ball. UK has no other scoring threat besides him and Morris. Would you rather have Perry or Thomas shooting it or Bradley throwing up a runner or turning it over?

I think Tubby needs to start playing more is Porter. Porter is someone who does go in their and plays hard defense, and just seems to always be around the ball. But he also gives us a legit 3 point shooter who can knock down the 3 at anytime in the game, which is something we dont have right now...

What has Porter done to make you think he can score from the arc...He may be okay, but, not the answer...I'll take my chances with Bradley and Crawford from the 3 range at this point...Porter has had good looks from the perimeter numerous times this year and doesn't even look to shoot...A zone breaker is one who'll get the ball and square up and fire...He doesn't do that.

As for the game now it sucks that we lost, becuase this game is a game we could have won IMO, just like the UCLA game. We played a great defensive game and didn't allow UNC to play their game, but stupid and just silly turnovers that alot of the times really had nothing to do with UNC's defense hurt us. And then except for Perry, we were just not able to make any 3's from the outside today and UNC was able too.

Alot of people are mad and are completely down and I just dont get that one bit. Yeah it sucks losing, and these are games a program like UK should win. But if alot of you all who are upset have actually looked at these games this year, we had a great chance to beat the #1 team in the country in UCLA and then today we could not shoot the ball and just kept turning it over, but yet still was kind of in the game against one of the top 5 teams in the country on THEIR own home court. Alot of you all also have seemed to forget that this was really are first REAL road game this year. I mean in Maui those were still like home games for us with all of our fans. So this was the first real road game for us, and the freshman who are a big part to this team, definitely played like freshman in their first road game and that is expected...

:thumb: :ylsuper: Great Post FC - along with the two following post. Now this a U.K. Wildcat Basketball fan - no bandwagon whining here!!:thumb: :thumb: