The Curtain Falls on the Old 4 Class system!

This is the 4 class Eulogy, feel free to express yourself about how you felt about the system, the pros and cons.

Shed your tears and dry eyes as we lay the old guard to rest.

It was a great run that we had with the old system. But, time also brings change and 6 new classes so out with the old and in with the new.

Hopefully the change will preserve some of the old rivalries and generate new ones, but only time will tell.

Let the Good times role!!!!!:dancingpa

I'm glad to see a couple of more programs will bring home a championship next year. I don't think there is any doubt change was needed. I don't know if this is the answere but it is what it is so let the good times roll! I also like the fact that schools have the freedom to schedule a lot better programs if they wish and they can bring back some old rivalries!

^Right on. No use in saying much now. I hope it works out well. My true hope is that it creates some interesting and exciting regular-season matchups that we would never have gotten to see with roughly seven district games on the schedule.

I have nothing to say but 3 Private schools win, and in 2A, a team that is twice 2A wins, KHSAA might as well not even exist. Give examples of what good they do?

What did you have to say last year? :rolleyes:

As I have well documented on BGP, I have no problem with change, so next year it is 6 classes and such is life. I'm happy to see 8 team districts as a thing of the past. And long live the chance at more great football around KY...

YES!!! Now, first round matchups will be even MORE of a mismatch for top teams...AWESOME!!!!:sleep: :sleep:

I agree. This done NOTHING for the 25 or so current 4-A teams that will move to 6-A. They still gotta go thru the ville big 3 of Trinity, St.X, & Male.

I agree. This done NOTHING for the 25 or so current 4-A teams that will move to 6-A. They still gotta go thru the ville big 3 of Trinity, St.X, & Male.

What would you have them do?? The big three have their own league with a few more teams that woulkd be willing to play them? What's an answer? If you want somekind of change this pose a solution!! No one is their size, no one is going to be their size, and your not going to be their size because if you were then your school is going to split. Sounds like to me you don't want them to even play football, I know this isn't what you want. So let's here a solution.

The regular season should be much more interesting.

Fewer district games...many of which are total mismatchess and more freedom to shedule old rivals that may be in another class or region.

One I look forward to starting up again is the Franklin-Simpson v. Glasgow game. That is a rivalry that ended with the current system.