2A State Championship: Mercer County 15 Russell 12

iPapi

Mercer Central High School gets the trophy! It will be put in the trophy case at the new high school when they are finished with it. For right now it will be in our new sports complex PROUDLY displayed.

Late confusion, it is Mercer County Senior High, not Central, but is considered the main campus. There has been discussion on the name of the new school when built but I don't recall what it was, doesn't matter. We have Moberly Road Campus and E. Lexington campus where students attend both places based on their academic schedules. Congratulations Titans and Russell you played a very good game. Remember, players from Russell and Mercer read these posts too!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercer Quarterback Booster Club had a design logos prepared knowing we would either be State Champs or Runner Ups and waited for the outcome - those shirts were printed right after the game in Louisville and available for sale that night in Harrodsburg at the reception. I have no idea where the other shirts came from, someone said KHSAA, Vendors at the stadium also had posters and key chains for sale that were nice and even had the scores on them but Mercer Boosters/Parents did not print anything prior to game completion. Someone saw a screen printing press operation there at Papa John's???

Roadstar I didn't have a dog in this fight other than I was pulling for Russell bc they are from our area. Imo your statements about "more than a reg. AA team" and bad officiating does nothing but take away from what the kids at Russell have accomplished this year. There is no need for whining and complaing or pointing a finger at other reasons. Russell had great football team that happen to lose to another great team. Nothing takes away from what Russell has accompished. (except for having excuses made)

No excuses here,Just facts---------You are the one putting out derogatory statements like the gift touchdown & extra point that followed did not have a bearing on the game is saying you don't believe Russell could have done anything with the ball on there own 1yd. line.Putting down there special team play.And that the only stat.that matters in on the score board.Repeatedly stating who you thought were the real state champs..Well with all that you did not have to tell us that you are not a fan ,thats pretty clear.Then after saying those things you try and sugar coat it .enough said. Great year Devils in my eyes you guys are champs!I have full confidence the Devils will make another big run next year they have alot of talent returning and some very talented kids coming up, that along with the return of our coaching staff should seal another great year.Take us back to the State!

What a great game! Both teams had opportunities both teams played hard and the 2A state championship game was everything you hope to see for a championship. Personally, I am tired of blowouts in the finals, this game was a classic. For those of you disparaging the other team it is time to stop. These are HIGH SCHOOL young men that played their hearts out. Merge, no Merge the kids had nothing to do with it. Russell annually plays great football and is well coached, be proud of your accomplishments and come back again next season. With all the negative influences that our kids are exposed to these students athletes spent the last 5 - 6 months working toward a common goal and doing the right thing on the field and in the classroom. It demeans their efforts to publicly degrade either program after such a great game. Undoubtedly the weather affected both teams however they came together and battled for 48 minutes. Mercer County Titans won, congradulations. Russell High school played awsome, congradulations to you as well.