Bobby Perry

futurecoach

Ok well Im really getting tired of people saying Perry shouldn't be here, because since he made it out of the state of North Carolina. He must not have been good enough to play here at UK either. Seriously you alls theory on that is not good at all, because there are alot of players that got away from a state with powerhouse schools in it. I mean I think you all would know that because we have a great example in Chris Lofton who got away from the state of KY.

Even the great Pitino which some of you still cant get over him being gone, brought players in like Perry on his teams. He always had players like a Perry in ever recruiting class. The thing that makes Perry being here not so good, is because he is the best one out of that recruiting class, because the rest of the recruiting class that year was terrible with Woo, Shag, and Thomas. Usually there would be other better players in a recruiting class with Perry. But since there was not Perry was forced to play early in his career alot, which I admit at the time he shouldn't have been really playing his freshman and sophomore year. Perry though is the type of player who should be playing his junior and senior years because he is a good player that can help the team. Right now he is playing with a hurt thumb on his shooting hand, which could be a reason why he has not been scoring much.

The fact is Perry is a huge part to the success to this team, and well all of you who ever said that well UNC, Duke, etc. didnt get him so he shouldn't be here is wrong, because he should be here at UK, and its nothing new for us to bring in players like him, because as I said before even the GREAT Pitino brought players like him in. But they jus wasn't forced to play earlin in their careers like him...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok well Im really getting tired of people saying Perry shouldn't be here, because since he made it out of the state of North Carolina. He must not have been good enough to play here at UK either. Seriously you alls theory on that is not good at all, because there are alot of players that got away from a state with powerhouse schools in it. I mean I think you all would know that because we have a great example in Chris Lofton who got away from the state of KY.

Even the great Pitino which some of you still cant get over him being gone, brought players in like Perry on his teams. He always had players like a Perry in ever recruiting class. The thing that makes Perry being here not so good, is because he is the best one out of that recruiting class, because the rest of the recruiting class that year was terrible with Woo, Shag, and Thomas. Usually there would be other better players in a recruiting class with Perry. But since there was not Perry was forced to play early in his career alot, which I admit at the time he shouldn't have been really playing his freshman and sophomore year. Perry though is the type of player who should be playing his junior and senior years because he is a good player that can help the team. Right now he is playing with a hurt thumb on his shooting hand, which could be a reason why he has not been scoring much.

The fact is Perry is a huge part to the success to this team, and well all of you who ever said that well UNC, Duke, etc. didnt get him so he shouldn't be here is wrong, because he should be here at UK, and its nothing new for us to bring in players like him, because as I said before even the GREAT Pitino brought players like him in. But they jus wasn't forced to play earlin in their careers like him...

I'm not argueing with you, because I think Perry will start shooting soon and help this team out significantly. I bolded one statement in your post because I wanted to say that Pitino also brought in players like Jamal Mashburn and Antoine Walker. That is what is killing us - the lack of those top-10 studs.

I'm not argueing with you, because I think Perry will start shooting soon and help this team out significantly. I bolded one statement in your post because I wanted to say that Pitino also brought in players like Jamal Mashburn and Antoine Walker. That is what is killing us - the lack of those top-10 studs.

Well before this year, players like a Walker and Mashburn were leaving high school straight for the NBA. It was right around the time Pitino left, that we started seeing alot of players going straight to the NBA from high school. And that is what I believe alot of people dont get, because even if Pitino had stayed here, he wouldn't have got all the same studs he was getting for that great run we had, because some of those players would have went straight for the NBA. And I just dont think alot of people realized how much college bball change since Pitino left, and they just expected Tubby to bring in all those same studs, but even Pitino wouldn't have been able to bring in all those same studs like he was.

I know now this year, that players have go to to college now, and we see alot of these studs in college bball again. And well I know we actually didn't get one of those studs on this years recruiting class, but for the most part I believe every should be REALLY happy with this class, because this class we have this year is really good.

So to be fair now since all high school players will be going to college like they were when Pitino was here. We have to wait and see how Tubby does with it now, because now Tubby like Pitino did back in that run has alot of these studs out there that have to go to college instead of straight to the NBA. I know as I said before Tubby BETTER NOT EVER bring in another class like this years senior or sophomore classes, because those classes were terrible and should never be a whole class like that at UK, and that is what hurt this team last year...

Bobby Perry couldn't play at my church league...he's horrible.

But then again, Sheray Thomas, Shagari Alleyne, Jared Carter, and Woo couldn't either.

And you are completely wrong. As I said before, even the great Pitino would bring in players like a Perry in every class. But those players usually would get to wait to their junior or senior year to play. But Perry had to play early in his career because the other players in his recruiting class was terrible, and that makes him not look as good. But Perry is a type of player that UK has always gotten, and should be here at UK, and is a big part to this teams success this year...

If I'm not mistaken, Jamal Mashburn was under the radar when he came to UK. He wasn't projected to be the impact player he turned out to be.

Rodrick Rhodes and Ron Mercer were Pitino's two highest touted recruits, if my memory serves me correctly.

Bobby Perry shouldnt be playing for the simple fact hes not that good! He had 2 good games in the tournament last year and now all the sudden he thinks he is some kind of scorer, and 3 point shooter.

As far as Chris Lofton goes... I dont think Tubby really tried to recruit him, he didnt think Lofton could get his shot off?!?!?! Ha that was a mistake on Tubbys behalf cuz I beileve he didnt recruit him hard enough.

Bobby Perry may not be the top choice, for many college coaches or be able to beat some players one on one, but he's at UK....has size, height, hustles and gives his best.

Unless UK has someone, on this team that should cut into his playing time, he deserves to play. He will get better, more consistent and help on both ends. If some don't want him to play, their needs to be an equal or better option...which right now, is who?

As down as I am (am will continue to be) on She-ray, I do not feel the same about Perry.

I think he is just starting slow. If Perry gets back to the level he finished the season last year, UK becomes a significantly better basketball team.

Haha, the Morehead City League has players that would abuse these guys in it, as well.

The Morehead City League is tough!!! HAHA!!! Seriously! Last year a team that consisted of Allen Edwards and Marquis Sykes and some other D-1 and NAIA players played in it and they didn't even make it to the semi-finals of the tournament!!!