Name something you'd be good at doing, but wouldn't do it for a living?

Randy Parker

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really interesting question.

For me: selling Real Estate, Teacher / High School Coach, and managing a big box retail / grocery store.

Did it, was really good at it, but hated almost every minute of it. Took me 17 years to finally summon up the courage to walk away.

Manager/Managing Partner for a restaurant with 250 or so employees. I love to cook and have management qualities, a friend and I run a small business. But my better half is working her way up the ladder in restaurant management and while the pay/benefits are great, I couldn't see myself doing it. She loves it, left nursing for it and makes more money with it, but I would have a hard time managing some of the employees, rather than just firing them. In other words she has more patients than I.

Private Investigator, I can Facebook creep with the best.

Also, Strength and Conditioning Coach, I toyed with that idea as a side job for many years but never followed through with it.

They are a dime a dozen, stick with PI. :thumb:

Probably a landscaper.

I love mowing grass, it's weird. :lol2:

Me too!

This will be my 54th summer mowing grass. My Father started me out with a reel-to-reel mower.

I love it and I am very good at it. OCD is a big plus. :)

To me, there is very little as therapeutic as striping a yard. My grandma probably has the most neatly manicured lawn in the state among those with yards rarely seen by others.