Gas

justme2018

It raised about 8-12 cents in my part of the world.

It was $2.09 Augusta, $2.12 Brooksville, and $2.08 Maysville but now it is, $2.19 Augusta, $2.23 Brooksville, and $2.33 Maysville. It is somewhat gone back up but not to bad, it is hard on some people who make minimum wage to pay for a vehicle....sigh....On a trip to Bath County a few weeks ago there was a gas station that had gas for $1.09 P/G, to bad it was closed and for sale. :laugh: When gas was $2.09 AVG a few years ago down in Myrtle Beach there was a gas station with $1.39 P/G. This is such a bad thing that all the good stations with cheap gas are closed. ;)

I do not think that the elections hold much threat to the Gas deal but, there is some connection in it. Many people I know in town hear that gas will go up it is a frenzy because, people call each other and soon it is swarming over Bracken County with loads of people going to get gas (some with 10 tanks of gas even). I'll admit that I have thought of ways to horde gas with the money from paydays, then buy the gas, and use it when the summer gas hike comes through again.

When a company sees demand go up prices go up and they tighten inventories. The reason why demand goes up is, fear of price hike, traffic jams, snow, etc. Its Economy101. Such a bad thing GAS PRICES I think I'll move to Saudi Arabia and pay for the cheapo gas.

Where is it up? :confused: It is still $2.06 in Somerset. :ylsuper: I did see $2.26 in London but that was right off of I-75. I think Thanksgiving has more to do with it than who won the elections.:cry:

Last night at the Correll Shell stations it was @ $2.06 but just a mile down the road Speedway had it at $2.29? WHY??? Speedway is the reason gas is so high! They raise the prices hoping people will follow and when they don't bring them back down. That is just PLAIN WRONG! :fire:

I had cereal this morning. Now I have gas.

hmmmmmm....:confused:

Maybe WE are the answer to the energy conumdrum.

If they can make an engine that will run on methane (flatulence), and then figure out a way to harness each person's "output"....

Hmmm.... :sssh: :sssh:

I can remember when gas was that much here in this country! :scared:
Dude, are we getting old or what? :creepy:

I remember going through London or Somerset back in the early 1970s and my Dad was ecstatic because they were having a "gas war." He filled up our family car at 19 cents a gallon. :scared: :eek: :scared: :eek: :scared:

Last night at the Correll Shell stations it was @ $2.06 but just a mile down the road Speedway had it at $2.29? WHY??? Speedway is the reason gas is so high! They raise the prices hoping people will follow and when they don't bring them back down. That is just PLAIN WRONG! :fire:

I agree, Speedway or the other Shell will go up hoping the others will follow. I have heard that if it was not for Murphy's, gas in Somerset area would be 10-15 cents higher all the time. Since Murphy's price comes out of Houston every morning I guess they do not care about Speedway or Ward. :jump:

I don't see blaming President Bush over high gas prices. It's not his doing. If anybody were to control gas prices it would be Congress. And just because Bush was/is an oil man doesn't mean much. Clinton was a lawyer right? So why doesn't everybody blame him for lawyers charging so much? If Exxon can make a $400 billion profit, they can lower the prices to say like $1.75 and make a $300 billion profit. But they won't. That to me says gas companies.

Just a thought.

I don't see blaming President Bush over high gas prices. It's not his doing. If anybody were to control gas prices it would be Congress. And just because Bush was/is an oil man doesn't mean much. Clinton was a lawyer right? So why doesn't everybody blame him for lawyers charging so much? If Exxon can make a $400 billion profit, they can lower the prices to say like $1.75 and make a $300 billion profit. But they won't. That to me says gas companies.

Just a thought.

I do not think Congress could actually say,"Lower the Prices, or else" but they could possibly look in to price gouging. It really should not deal with Bush, but he could tell Congress into looking into gouging.

If gas goes down to $1.75 I'll be hording it :)

I do not think Congress could actually say,"Lower the Prices, or else" but they could possibly look in to price gouging. It really should not deal with Bush, but he could tell Congress into looking into gouging.

If gas goes down to $1.75 I'll be hording it :)

Maybe. I don't know the exact way it works. But I do know that it's not as simple as Bush saying "lower the prices" as many people would have you believe. I think he gets a lot of unjust criticizism over gas prices.