March 18, 20197 yr I call bull. They played 0 teams, other than the one who got their league’s automatic bid, who are going to a tourney, at a quick glance at their schedule. You can call bull but that is what they did.
March 18, 20197 yr I call bull. They played 0 teams, other than the one who got their league’s automatic bid, who are going to a tourney, at a quick glance at their schedule. So you call bull on facts that they went 2 and 2 against quad one and 3 and 1 in quad 2 games? Lol Do you know how and what represents a win in each quad?
March 18, 20197 yr I call bull. They played 0 teams, other than the one who got their league’s automatic bid, who are going to a tourney, at a quick glance at their schedule. There is subjectivity to the process, if not, why have a committee? While I get your point, you are effectively eliminating any non Power 5 school from consideration if you go with the "Who did they play/beat argument." The OVC is traditionally bad, so most teams will get less than five chances in a season to play a better "quad" team. By this rationale you can have a team go 33-1, losing on a buzzer beater in the conference final and get left out of the dance. And frankly, the reason Belmont got in is not because of what they did, but because Power 5 schools like Indiana, Texas, etc. were disasters in their own right. They did nothing to sell their case which is why Belmont made it. Edited March 18, 20197 yr by bugatti
March 18, 20197 yr And the title game is a best-of-3 series. Yes but the process to get to the title game series leaves a lot of room for "the best teams" to lose.
March 18, 20197 yr I personally had more of a problem with St. Johns getting in over TCU using the data they said they were using.
March 18, 20197 yr Yes but the process to get to the title game series leaves a lot of room for "the best teams" to lose. Very true. I love the NCAA baseball tournament format. I wish it would be adopted by the NCAAs for basketball.
March 18, 20197 yr I checked Ticketmaster for the Jacksonville sub regional and the weekend is pretty much sold out. Only thing I could find was end zone seating and nothing near court. Go to hotels.com and look for rooms in Jacksonville. You find rooms going like hot cakes on there. While I was looking, there were 107 other people looking for rooms there at the same time. The better places appear to already be sold out.
March 18, 20197 yr How is St. John's in the tournament? Has anyone explained or discussed that one? Does it really matter? With all due respect neither St. Johns nor the team who was left out because of them had any chance of winning it.
March 18, 20197 yr With everyone win in the tournament, don't schools, conferences, and potentially coaches (depending on their contracts) get money? How does that work with the play-in games? Do those count as tournament wins?
March 18, 20197 yr How is St. John's in the tournament? Has anyone explained or discussed that one? That's what I've been asking see post #96 TCU had a better resume all the way around.
March 18, 20197 yr Does it really matter? With all due respect neither St. Johns nor the team who was left out because of them had any chance of winning it. It does matter. More money for programs if they make a run. More recognition of players and for a coach a chance to make a bigger name for himself. There have been a few teams who were the last ones in and played in the play in games and went on deep runs. I think someone even made the final four from the play in games a few years ago. So yes it definitely could and has mattered before.
March 18, 20197 yr It does matter. More money for programs if they make a run. More recognition of players and for a coach a chance to make a bigger name for himself. There have been a few teams who were the last ones in and played in the play in games and went on deep runs. I think someone even made the final four from the play in games a few years ago. So yes it definitely could and has mattered before. Exceptions don't make the rule. Because a few teams got hot and won a few games from the play in spot does not mean anyone should put forth energy debating who got left out and who shouldn't have made it in. This tournament should ultimately be about crowning the NC. What money the 68th team makes shouldn't be a concern.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.