Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2019 NCAA Selection

Featured Replies

  • Author
We already knew Sunday doesn’t matter. The only time it does is if you have a team who otherwise wouldn’t be in the field playing for a conference title.

 

Move the championship games that are on Sunday if you want them to matter.

 

Oh I agree, I’m just putting further evidence out there for any who think it.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing so far from the bracket review is hear Jay Bilas, and Jay Williams whine and complain about Michigan St. beign put in the same bracket with Duke. Love it!

Louisville and Minnesota play at 12:15 Thursday on CBS.

The best thing so far from the bracket review is hear Jay Bilas, and Jay Williams whine and complain about Michigan St. beign put in the same bracket with Duke. Love it!

 

They whined and complained?

UK plays at 7:10pm Thursday on CBS.

It would seem that Kentucky fell behind Michigan on the seed line, which cost them Des Moines. But considering how tough the South and West turned out to be, I really believed Kentucky got some great treatment.

 

"Cost them Des Moines" doesn't really make sense to me. I would think Jacksonville is just as good of first round site.

The seed list was released. For Midwest:

 

UNC (#3 1 seed)

UK (#3 2 seed)

Houston (#1 3 seed)

Kansas (#1 4 seed)

Auburn (#2 5 seed)

Iowa State (#4 6 seed)

Wofford (#4 7 seed)

Utah State (#4 8 seed)

Washington (#1 9 seed)

Seton Hall (#2 10 seed)

Ohio State (#1 11 seed)

 

I disagree that Houston was the best 3 seed or that Wofford was the worst 4 seed, but from those true seeds it seems clear that the committee sure watered down a lot of the Midwest from their perspective. A lot of non-power teams in the top 8 seed lines, including the 3.

 

Gonzaga the #4 1 seed?

  • Author
"Cost them Des Moines" doesn't really make sense to me. I would think Jacksonville is just as good of first round site.

 

Proximity. Maybe I'm wrong in that thinking, but Des Moines is a bit closer. And not that I'm afraid of a massive Wofford fanbase, but Jacksonville is closer to their fans. Obviously Jacksonville is in the south, so perhaps it is closer to some of the extended UK fanbase, but I have no idea on that part. Ultimately, if that isn't what happened - that they got moved off of Des Moines - then I literally have no idea what the committee chair thinks Michigan State got over Kentucky by winning the Big Ten tournament.

  • Author
Gonzaga the #4 1 seed?

 

They were. And that part they announced on the telecast and at least makes sense with how they formed their brackets. Duke #1 overall plays #4 overall.

How does Belmont get in? No Q1 wins or games even played if I have it right and lost their conference automatic bid.

How does Belmont get in? No Q1 wins or games even played if I have it right and lost their conference automatic bid.

 

2-2 in quad 1 and 3-1 in quad 2

Wofford lost to Kansas by 25.

 

CBS has them ranked 18th best team in tournament.

 

 

2

Yeah it’s cool for the fans, it’s the worst possible way to crown a champion.

 

You should start a thread about how it "should" be done.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.