Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2019 NCAA Selection

Featured Replies

I’m still trying to understand the UNC #1 seed thing. Effectively they got rewarded for Zion blowing out his shoe, and Duke (justifiably) got rewarded for Zion blowing out his shoe.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which that scenario of them playing in Louisville as a 2 seed was one Tennesee win today of that happening. Just like UK getting a one seed which you said no chance of happening was 2 wins the last 2 days of happening. So I think you even have to admit those two things probably came closer to happening than what you originally thought 4 weeks ago.

 

Did any of those things happen?

Iowa State is the one team that worries me a little from UK getting to at least the elite 8.

Committee head said that Michigan State passed Kentucky with the Big Ten win today. I wonder if that affected region or just the placement for their pod. Because I think Kentucky got a better deal with their side of the bracket, and while North Carolina is tough, it still beats playing Duke.

 

In the past it was said Sunday games didn’t Chang things. :popcorn:

I love UK’s draw...

 

Seems to be a cake walk to the elite 8 with a rematch against an overrated UNC team that should be playing powerball tonight for getting to play Duke twice without Zion.

I hope you’re right, but Wofford isn’t bad.

 

Wofford lost to Kansas by 25.

  • Author
In the past it was said Sunday games didn’t Chang things. :popcorn:

 

He said it, I’m not 100% convinced it did. The pod, maybe. But I really don’t think Michigan State got the better placement. And even the logic doesn’t make sense - if Michigan State became a better 2 seed, then why would they be in a region with the top overall seed?

My only complaint is we won’t have the opportunity to knock UL out again...

He said it, I’m not 100% convinced it did. The pod, maybe. But I really don’t think Michigan State got the better placement. And even the logic doesn’t make sense - if Michigan State became a better 2 seed, then why would they be in a region with the top overall seed?

 

I agree

Also, does IU still have a team ?

 

Is this the 3rd or 4th year in a row they haven’t made the big dance ?

  • Author

The seed list was released. For Midwest:

 

UNC (#3 1 seed)

UK (#3 2 seed)

Houston (#1 3 seed)

Kansas (#1 4 seed)

Auburn (#2 5 seed)

Iowa State (#4 6 seed)

Wofford (#4 7 seed)

Utah State (#4 8 seed)

Washington (#1 9 seed)

Seton Hall (#2 10 seed)

Ohio State (#1 11 seed)

 

I disagree that Houston was the best 3 seed or that Wofford was the worst 4 seed, but from those true seeds it seems clear that the committee sure watered down a lot of the Midwest from their perspective. A lot of non-power teams in the top 8 seed lines, including the 3.

  • Author

Also, Tennessee was listed as the top 2 seed. If that is true, then one of the following is also almost certainly true:

 

-Losing by 20 to Auburn cost them a top seed, or

-Sunday doesn’t matter.

Also, Tennessee was listed as the top 2 seed. If that is true, then one of the following is also almost certainly true:

 

-Losing by 20 to Auburn cost them a top seed, or

-Sunday doesn’t matter.

 

We already knew Sunday doesn’t matter. The only time it does is if you have a team who otherwise wouldn’t be in the field playing for a conference title.

 

Move the championship games that are on Sunday if you want them to matter.

Tennessee isn’t getting a 1 seed. It will be the 3 ACC schools and either Gonzaga or Sparty IMO.
I’ll just give myself a pat on the back for this one. The committee got it right after the Tennessee loss today.
Disagree.
If Duke doesn’t win this year it’s an absolute failure. The best team should win and that doesn’t happen nearly often enough in college basketball. That’s a huge issue IMO and why I struggle to get worked up about the sport.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.