Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 82 Kentucky 78 (SEC Tournament Semifinals)

Featured Replies

That game was over 2 months ago. Duke and UNC have played 3 times in less than a month.

 

Yeah and the two times UNC won they did it when the best player in college basketball didnt play.

 

Imo as long as Tennesee wins tomorrow and Duke tonight. Tennesee will be a 1 in the midwest. I dont think the committee would put 3 ACC teams as a one seed when a team like Tennesee who is a top team had a season like they have had. Place saves the committee controversy. Just plays out nicely for them with Tennesee as the 1 in midwest and UNC as the 2 in same region.

 

Quite honestly if people want to say UNC should be a one seed still. Then they should say same about UK. When looking at everything UK has a better NET ranking, more quad one wins, same amount of losses and UK has the head to head.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At times it’s like Cal has never seen a zone, or he’s too busy with his sideline animations to notice it.

 

I dont get the whole game change once Tennesee went zone comments. It didnt change. Shoot UK actually went up to the 8 point lead with 3 minutes left with UT in the zone. UT didnt play the zone again after UK went up 8. UT got a bucket. Then the Herro travel on the inbounds against man to man press. Next possession was against man to man to when Tennessee made Hagans turn it over at mid court.

 

So I'm not sure where the whole game changed when they went zone comments are about. UK got to the 8 point lead when UT was in zone. Then UT was in man during that last 3 minutes in their run to end the game.

This team simply does not play slow down basketball well. I know the typical method is to run clock and shorten the game, but I would rather see them push tempo than play stall ball.

 

I told MrsC we were in trouble when we slowed the pace so much.

 

I believe you shouldn't rush, but you should always be working for a good shot. Not just passing it around and waiting.

I disagree. I don’t think North Carolina is getting it unless somehow they take Gonzaga’s spot. Tennessee has a very strong resume. A lot thought this game was for the 1 seed.

 

I agree. If Tennessee wins tomorrow, I think that a #1 seed belongs to them.

Young ones couldn't finish. Hopefully learn from it.

Edited by bugatti

No reason Quickley shouldn't have played more than 9 minutes in this game. Especially when you are up 8 with less than 5 minutes and you make a decision to slow things down. This team is just not good at that, give me all the ball handlers you have out on the court.

Nobody ever mentions the fact that Ky never scores on out of bounds situations and possessions out of timeouts. All good teams do this time after time. Never a timeout used to slow down a run made by the opposition and never a timeout used to set up a last second crucial shot. Ky cannot win championships with this type coaching. Please watch other guys work the game situations necessary to succeed Cal and quit your stubborn attitude. Take your players success first in mind and drop the attitude.

Nobody ever mentions the fact that Ky never scores on out of bounds situations and possessions out of timeouts. All good teams do this time after time. Never a timeout used to slow down a run made by the opposition and never a timeout used to set up a last second crucial shot. Ky cannot win championships with this type coaching. Please watch other guys work the game situations necessary to succeed Cal and quit your stubborn attitude. Take your players success first in mind and drop the attitude.

 

I actually thought Cal did a good job in this one. Turnovers and carelessness on the defensive end cost the Cats the win in this one. I give credit to Tennessee, they made the shots when it was time to play big boy basketball. I too wish Quickley would have gotten more time.

Nobody ever mentions the fact that Ky never scores on out of bounds situations and possessions out of timeouts. All good teams do this time after time. Never a timeout used to slow down a run made by the opposition and never a timeout used to set up a last second crucial shot. Ky cannot win championships with this type coaching. Please watch other guys work the game situations necessary to succeed Cal and quit your stubborn attitude. Take your players success first in mind and drop the attitude.

 

I expected this thought because Cal rarely calls timeouts. Then I look at the shot PJ got on that last possession and it is hard to say they could have gotten anything better with a time out.

This team simply does not play slow down basketball well. I know the typical method is to run clock and shorten the game, but I would rather see them push tempo than play stall ball.

 

I told MrsC we were in trouble when we slowed the pace so much.

 

I believe you shouldn't rush, but you should always be working for a good shot. Not just passing it around and waiting.

 

Flashbacks of Wisconsin, don’t do that to me.

Sorry for coming into this discussion so late.

 

What I saw yesterday, was a veteran team tightening up and focusing late in the game. And a young team (again) having some adversity and wilting and losing focus late in the game.

 

This is, and probably will be the story every year with Kentucky. We will see this in the SEC semi-finals and the NCAA tournament each year. The Kentucky model is not one to win championships. When these super talented freshman face pressure and adversity, they are often times not experienced enough to focus and handle it.

 

Cal has a very nice team this year with lots of good parts to it. But.....I just don't see the opportunity to make a run at a championship, which is the standard at Kentucky.

Oh, and the officiating yesterday.

 

They were awful. This is from someone who usually refrains from blaming any loss on officials. I have closely reviewed the game tape. Reid Travis was called for 5 personal fouls. I honestly do not think ANY of the calls on him were actual fouls.

 

I really like Grant Williams. But after yesterday's game, he is getting away with murder and making officials look like fools because he is so good at all the fine points of flopping, the arm bar, hooking, and baiting. He needs to clean it up, and the zebras need to put him on notice that it will not be tolerated.

I expected this thought because Cal rarely calls timeouts. Then I look at the shot PJ got on that last possession and it is hard to say they could have gotten anything better with a time out.

 

That was my exact point to my buddy. What more can you ask for, their best player had two point blanks and missed them.

I really like Grant Williams. But after yesterday's game, he is getting away with murder and making officials look like fools because he is so good at all the fine points of flopping, the arm bar, hooking, and baiting. He needs to clean it up, and the zebras need to put him on notice that it will not be tolerated.

 

I can't stand him.

 

But give me Admiral Schofield all day.

 

I worry that Tennessee is going to wind up destroying my bracket.

The block call on Travis was frustrating. If that was two guards, I feel like it's pretty consistently a charge.

 

The double flagrant, which gave PJ his 2nd early in the first half hurt. His first foul was stupid and drives me nuts when he gets fouls like that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.