March 16, 20197 yr UK started to falter when UT went to the zone, I thought. Then there were some bad, arguably unforced turnovers and some shaky ball handling. As bad as UK played down the stretch, UT played that well. Barnes coached a good game, too. Another choke by UK. That zone was perfect for PJ down low and UK didn't get it done.
March 16, 20197 yr Just talking about the game. YOU wanted to call me out. Well, you got it. My view hasn't changed. Enjoy your evening. I expressed a different opinion. - YOU insulted me. Your view doesn’t have to change. I frankly no longer care. Ignore lists were made for this occasion. And likewise, enjoy your evening.
March 16, 20197 yr Another choke by UK. That zone was perfect for PJ down low and UK didn't get it done. I still don’t see how some call this a choke. Tennessee made the plays and made the shots. They forced those turnovers. Kentucky didn’t throw it away to nothing. Tennessee pressured them and forced them. It’s OK to occasionally just tip your hat to a team that made the necessary plays.
March 16, 20197 yr I expressed a different opinion. - YOU insulted me. Your view doesn’t have to change. I frankly no longer care. Ignore lists were made for this occasion. And likewise, enjoy your evening. Good. I encourage you to use it. I already have.
March 16, 20197 yr U.K. had a good lead with around 3 min. to play and couldn't make the plays down the stretch to seal the W. UT's experience paid off for them as the Vols made big plays when they had to have them. Now we wait to see where the Cats land in the parings tomorrow and hope they can make a deep run in "The Tournament". GO BIG BLUE ..
March 16, 20197 yr Some things never fail … a win over Bama and not even one full page of comments and lose .. it's 4 pages and counting. :lol2:
March 16, 20197 yr UK started to falter when UT went to the zone, I thought. Then there were some bad, arguably unforced turnovers and some shaky ball handling. As bad as UK played down the stretch, UT played that well. Barnes coached a good game, too. Agreed, that was a great move by R. Barnes.
March 16, 20197 yr I still don’t see how some call this a choke. Tennessee made the plays and made the shots. They forced those turnovers. Kentucky didn’t throw it away to nothing. Tennessee pressured them and forced them. It’s OK to occasionally just tip your hat to a team that made the necessary plays. Lack of focus by UK. Lackadaisical. If UK can't handle that "pressure", it will be a very short tournament run. Turnovers have been a bit if a concern the last few weeks and it burned UK today.
March 16, 20197 yr I thought they graduate Williams and Admiral? Those are their two studs. Williams somehow is just a junior, and Bone is also a junior. Best frontcourt player and probably the best point guard in the conference. Great duo to build around.
March 16, 20197 yr I think the committee will take the 2 wins without Zion and couple it with the 1 point loss with Zion and it will be more than enough. I agree Duke will be the top overall seed. If the committee agrees with that, then I don’t see how they also wouldn’t think UNC is right behind Duke. UK was the SECs only shot a 1 seed. I just don’t think Tennessee has a strong enough resume to get that one seed. UK did basically control the whole game against UNC. While now Tennesee has now beaten UK twice.
March 16, 20197 yr Lack of focus by UK. Lackadaisical. If UK can't handle that "pressure", it will be a very short tournament run. Turnovers have been a bit if a concern the last few weeks and it burned UK today. Not to mention leaving shooters open and your best player missing a chippy. No doubt Tennessee stayed composed, but this was largely about UK folding in 2 minutes and 58 seconds.
March 17, 20197 yr Williams somehow is just a junior, and Bone is also a junior. Best frontcourt player and probably the best point guard in the conference. Great duo to build around. I wonder what kind of NBA draft projections those two have. I’d heard earlier in the year that Williams may be a first round pick. If he goes pro, and especially if Bone does, Tennessee will be down. I don’t think their incoming recruiting class is rated very well. But if they both stay UT will be good again.
March 17, 20197 yr UK started to falter when UT went to the zone, I thought. Then there were some bad, arguably unforced turnovers and some shaky ball handling. As bad as UK played down the stretch, UT played that well. Barnes coached a good game, too. At times it’s like Cal has never seen a zone, or he’s too busy with his sideline animations to notice it.
March 17, 20197 yr UK did basically control the whole game against UNC. While now Tennesee has now beaten UK twice. That game was over 2 months ago. Duke and UNC have played 3 times in less than a month.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.