Tennessee 82 Kentucky 78 (SEC Tournament Semifinals)

16thBBall Fan

If Tennesee wins tomorrow I think they still get the one over UNC. UNC will now have 6 losses. Tennesee four losses. If Dukes losses without Zion is not going to be held really against them now that he is back. Then UNCs two wins over Duke when Zion didn't play shouldn't put them over the top.

My prediction is Duke will be the top overall seed and be the one in the East as long as they win tonight. Virginia one in the South with UK the 2 seed. Tennessee the one in the midwest with UNC the 2 seed in the midwest. Then Gonzaga one out west with big 10 champ the 2 seed.

I think the committee will take the 2 wins without Zion and couple it with the 1 point loss with Zion and it will be more than enough. I agree Duke will be the top overall seed. If the committee agrees with that, then I don’t see how they also wouldn’t think UNC is right behind Duke. UK was the SECs only shot a 1 seed. I just don’t think Tennessee has a strong enough resume to get that one seed.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t think Gonzaga has a spot with their name on it. I don’t think the 3 ACC schools will be debated all that much.

My perspective on Gonzaga is optics. We know they’re no worse than a 2. We know they’ll be in the west. The optics will be poor to ship someone west as the top seed with the potential of playing Gonzaga as the 2 in California. Just flip it and you save yourself from those narratives.

Tennessee won’t do much in the NCAA tournament as long as they don’t get SEC officials to work their games. Grant Williams is worth 15 points a game just from fouls that he commits that don’t get called and from foul shots he gets to take when he flops or throws his hands up to get the calls.

Enjoy it now Vols. This is the last year you will be relevant.

Good. Let the bitterness flow through you. UK folded down the stretch. The Vols are every bit as big a factor in the NCAA tournament as the Wildcats are.

My perspective on Gonzaga is optics. We know they’re no worse than a 2. We know they’ll be in the west. The optics will be poor to ship someone west as the top seed with the potential of playing Gonzaga as the 2 in California. Just flip it and you save yourself from those narratives.

If you were dealing with a UK or a UNC that would make more sense. Obviously Gonzaga is a big brand now, but they still don’t garner that sort of treatment.

Good. Let the bitterness flow through you. UK folded down the stretch. The Vols are every bit as big a factor in the NCAA tournament as the Wildcats are.

You’re discrediting the Vols (as some Cats fans are). Tennessee took this game. UK made some mistakes, but even their stretch run turnovers were forced by Tennessee pressure. The Williams rebound was probably the only one I consider completely egregious as he never should have been able to get it 1 on 3. Tennessee took this game. A veteran team that showed more poise, scoring every possession in last three minutes.

This game is why I didn’t want Kentucky on Tennessee’s side.

If you were dealing with a UK or a UNC that would make more sense. Obviously Gonzaga is a big brand now, but they still don’t garner that sort of treatment.

We’ll see. I know you are too, but I’m confident. And most projections I’ve seen continue to back my viewpoint.

Tennessee won’t do much in the NCAA tournament as long as they don’t get SEC officials to work their games. Grant Williams is worth 15 points a game just from fouls that he commits that don’t get called and from foul shots he gets to take when he flops or throws his hands up to get the calls.

Enjoy it now Vols. This is the last year you will be relevant.

Can we please bring this kind of energy to the discussions about SEC football next year?

We’ll see. I know you are too, but I’m confident. And most projections I’ve seen continue to back my viewpoint.

I don’t tend to look at projections. I don’t really follow college basketball year round. I have a general idea of what’s going on from watching the big games. But as far as looking up projections I don’t care that much. As long as my team makes it that’s all that really matters. If they don’t make it in as one of the 64 then they suck anyways. I just have a hard time getting too invested in something that only really amounts to where the games are going to be played. Even the matchups don’t really get me worked up that much. To win the tournament you’re going to have to beat multiple great teams anyways. I think the whole basis on how we decide the champion is severely flawed. I just enjoy watching basketball and give my opinions on what will happen, knowing full well that I’m just arguing semantics until the tournament starts.

How, exactly, did I discredit the Vols? I did the EXACT opposite of that.

You said UK folded. Implying that Kentucky is the reason Tennessee won. Tennessee is the reason Tennessee won.

And you’re out of bounds with your other crack. Completely uncalled for.

You said UK folded. Implying that Kentucky is the reason Tennessee won. Tennessee is the reason Tennessee won.

And you’re out of bounds with your other crack. Completely uncalled for.

No. When you have that big of a lead and you spend more time flexing than playing basketball, you have folded. Tennessee didn't quit, they played until the end. UK quit when they went up 7 late.

I do not care if you like my tone or not.

No. When you have that big of a lead and you spend more time flexing than playing basketball, you have folded. Tennessee didn't quit, they played until the end. UK quit when they went up 7 late.

I do not care if you like my tone or not.

I really don’t know what your problem with me is, but you do you man. Tone is different than an insult. I was trying to have a civil discussion with you - I can tell from your several posts that this is not what you’re here for.

I really don’t know what your problem with me is, but you do you man. Tone is different than an insult. I was trying to have a civil discussion with you - I can tell from your several posts that this is not what you’re here for.

Just talking about the game. YOU wanted to call me out. Well, you got it. My view hasn't changed. Enjoy your evening.

I've made almost 17,000 posts on here. I'm glad you read them all.