Holmes 73 Newport Central Catholic 66

Believe it... The Bulldogs are Back!

After struggling this season with a 4-14 start the Bulldogs are riding high with a 3 game winning streak first dominating Holy Cross, taking care of business with the Ryle Raiders, and now edging the NewCath Breds 73-66.

Wish no hesitation I will say that the Dawgs are now a 2nd tier team in the 9th Region on a level comparable to the Newport Wildcats, Highlands, and the Beechwood Tigers.

My third tier teams would be Conner, NewCath, St. Henry Lloyd, & Dixie.

Truly Coach Carr has this squad focused, and while they are quick as lightening, they play with smarts, and really move the ball nicely looking for a high percentage shot. On occasion they'll still nail a 3, but it's not their game to just stop and pop, but to really work it around 'til a good shot is available.

They can dominate the boards with the strength of Foster, and they have some good ball handling and fancy footwork from the likes of Greene and Mullins. Both of these guys are impressive and Greene is automatic from the line too.

Tico Pouncy is still out with a knee injury, but they didn't miss a beat with the confident dependable play of Calloway, Calloway, and Dozier. This team relies highly on underclassmen so we can also look forward to seeing a very talented Bulldog team next season as well.

This game was very close throughout seeing the Bulldogs up 31-30 at the half. The 2nd half saw the Bulldogs begin to inch away and ultimately build a 9 point lead but with 1:20 left in the game the Breds pulled within 4 but just couldn't get over the hump.

The Breds still played a tough focused game, but it wasn't raining 3's for them like sometimes they're accustomed to. Mullikan still was dependable as always and Jefferson imposed his will time and again. Glazier, Howard, Mueller, Pangallo, and Salter all contributed but just couldn't overcome the Dawgs' speed and domination of the boards.

Again folks... believe it... the Bulldogs are back!

Wish no hesitation I will say that the Dawgs are now a 2nd tier team in the 9th Region on a level comparable to the Newport Wildcats, Highlands, and the Beechwood Tigers.

!

I don't know boss, Newport, Beechwood, and Highlands all beat Holmes. The Bulldogs are playing much better though.

Also, I would consider Conner closer to Newport and Highlands. The Cougars lost to Newport in Overtime and lost to Highlands by 1 point. We'll see what happens tonight when Beechwood travels to Conner.

But Holmes is playing much better now. The 35th district is getting more interesting as the year progresses.

I don't know boss, Newport, Beechwood, and Highlands all beat Holmes. The Bulldogs are playing much better though.

Also, I would consider Conner closer to Newport and Highlands. The Cougars lost to Newport in Overtime and lost to Highlands by 1 point. We'll see what happens tonight when Beechwood travels to Conner.

But Holmes is playing much better now. The 35th district is getting more interesting as the year progresses.

Holmes remaining schedule looks like this, so it will be interesting to see how they fare against these teams.

Cooper

CovCath

Boone Co.

St. Henry

Ludlow

Conner

Simon Kenton

Pretty stiff schedule that should tell us how much improved they really are.

I've only seen them twice (Holy Cross & NewCath), and was very impressed.

Judging by their W/L record this season I have to believe that whatever troubled them early on has been resolved because these guys are really clicking.

Believe it... The Bulldogs are Back!

After struggling this season with a 4-14 start the Bulldogs are riding high with a 3 game winning streak first dominating Holy Cross, taking care of business with the Ryle Raiders, and now edging the NewCath Breds 73-66.

Truly Coach Carr has this squad focused, and while they are quick as lightening, they play with smarts, and really move the ball nicely looking for a high percentage shot. On occasion they'll still nail a 3, but it's not their game to just stop and pop, but to really work it around 'til a good shot is available.

They can dominate the boards with the strength of Foster, and they have some good ball handling and fancy footwork from the likes of Greene and Mullins. Both of these guys are impressive and Greene is automatic from the line too.

Tico Pouncy is still out with a knee injury, but they didn't miss a beat with the confident dependable play of Calloway, Calloway, and Dozier. This team relies highly on underclassmen so we can also look forward to seeing a very talented Bulldog team next season as well.

This game was very close throughout seeing the Bulldogs up 31-30 at the half. The 2nd half saw the Bulldogs begin to inch away and ultimately build a 9 point lead but with 1:20 left in the game the Breds pulled within 4 but just couldn't get over the hump.

The Breds still played a tough focused game, but it wasn't raining 3's for them like sometimes they're accustomed to. Mullikan still was dependable as always and Jefferson imposed his will time and again. Glazier, Howard, Mueller, Pangallo, and Salter all contributed but just couldn't overcome the Dawgs' speed and domination of the boards.

Again folks... believe it... the Bulldogs are back!

Lets just say maybe improved, but back, I'm not ready to buy into that right now.