University Heights 52 Lexington Christian 40 (All "A" Classic Championship)

University Heights won their 9th All "A" Classic Championship today, defeating Lexington Christian 52-40 in the tournament finals at McBrayer Arena at Eastern Kentucky University.

KyKy Tandy was named the tournament MVP.

In the championship game McGowan led the Blazers with 15. Tandy and Hollowell had 14 each.

Kyle Rode led the Eagles with 20. Baylor Brown added 12

All five of the aforementioned players are seniors.

Both Rode and Tandy are considered Mr. Basketball front-runners.

This comes on top of UHA's winning the Traditional Bank Classic at Lexington Catholic earlier this season.

University Heights won their 9th All "A" Classic Championship today, defeating Lexington Christian 52-40 in the tournament finals at McBrayer Arena at Eastern Kentucky University.

KyKy Tandy was named the tournament MVP.

In the championship game McGowan led the Blazers with 15. Tandy and Hollowell had 14 each.

Kyle Rode led the Eagles with 20. Baylor Brown added 12

All five of the aforementioned players are seniors.

Both Rode and Tandy are considered Mr. Basketball front-runners.

This comes on top of UHA's winning the Traditional Bank Classic at Lexington Catholic earlier this season.

This tournament went as expected, the big question is can UHA win the sweet sixteen?

I hope #10 from University Heights made the All Tournament Team. He played great all week.

UHA's #10- is sophomore William Bryan, and he did make the All-Tournament team along with McGowan, Hollowell and Tandy.

I agree, he was very disruptive.

I'm proud of my Alma-mater for their great showing this weekend! I'd argue Hollowell made his case for tournament MVP yesterday. He held Rode in check and closed off their paint. He also provided points at key times.

They won in a tournament where Kyky Tandy did not play out of his mind. Role players stepped up.

As for the Sweet 16? We still have to get past Madisonville first. They are TOUGH. Then it will depend on our draw. With Tandy, I like our chances in any 1 game scenario. We still have some depth issues along with our lack of size. We did not sub 1 time yesterday because KJ Crump is still injured. Can we make a run at Rupp, no doubt. Now I really want to see where we stack up with the Scott County's of the world.

Hopefully Scott and Trinity(Region 7) are on the other side of the bracket together.

I'm proud of my Alma-mater for their great showing this weekend! I'd argue Hollowell made his case for tournament MVP yesterday. He held Rode in check and closed off their paint. He also provided points at key times.

They won in a tournament where Kyky Tandy did not play out of his mind. Role players stepped up.

As for the Sweet 16? We still have to get past Madisonville first. They are TOUGH. Then it will depend on our draw. With Tandy, I like our chances in any 1 game scenario. We still have some depth issues along with our lack of size. We did not sub 1 time yesterday because KJ Crump is still injured. Can we make a run at Rupp, no doubt. Now I really want to see where we stack up with the Scott County's of the world.

Hopefully Scott and Trinity(Region 7) are on the other side of the bracket together.

7th is... 11th isn't. UHA would have to go through Scott Co.