Ashland's Season Part II

kele_okereke

I dont really know why the other one got shur down but i'd like to continue discussing this topic. I thought it took alot for these kids after the Raceland game to turn their seaon around and have the season they did. Does anyone think anyone on the team has a chance of playing at the next level? Who stepped up big for the Cats this yr.? Who do you think improved the most? Anybody have a shot at making all state this yr? Who should step up next yr and fill the shoes? Thoughts? Comments?:dancingpa :walk: :jump:

Alot of players improved alot this season for Ashland. For example, Burns and Hall were in their first year's at cornerback and outside linebacker and both played great all year. Also, Cordle had an outstanding year at LB and he had never played on defense until this year. Alot of players stepped up this year thats for sure..

As an avid Russell Red Devil fan, I would like to tip my hat to the coaches and players of the Tomcat football team for achieving significant success this year. Certainly, after the Raceland loss most people wrote off the Tomcats. But the players and coaches regrouped and had a solid season with some big wins. I think this is a testimony to Coach Hart and his leadership.

I want to especially congratulate the team on thier effort against JCHS. I predicted another steamrolling by JCHS over Ashland, but I was wrong. Again due to tremendous strategy adjustments by the coaches and execution by the players. Definitely something of which to be proud.

Good Luck next year in all your games but one!!!

Go Red Devils--all the way back to the carpet.

A great year for this years team. This group of seniors rose to the occasion to show their pride in the last game only to come up short. A truly heartbreaking loss that they will remember for the rest of their lives, but will know that they left everything on the field. These seniors will be missed but as it has been said before, others will step in to fill their shoes and will carry the Tomcat tradition on.

My thanks to this years class for giving me a memorable season. :thumb:

The tomcats lose 18 starters... Mahan, Thomas, and the younger Bonner(TE) return on offense and Thomas is the only returner on defense. The cats also lose both of their kickers for this year.

Wow. I knew that they were Senior dominated but not to that extent. Both Mahan and Thomas will be a force next year.

Congrats to Ashland on a fine season. They showed heart and determination in coming back from an earlier 35-7 pounding to a rematch they could and maybe should have won.

Ashland will definitely be in a rebuilding mode next year but do have some talented juniors to be who will fill a lot of the missing pieces. The early part of the season, however, will be a learning situation for the Cats.

A great year for this years team. This group of seniors rose to the occasion to show their pride in the last game only to come up short. A truly heartbreaking loss that they will remember for the rest of their lives, but will know that they left everything on the field. These seniors will be missed but as it has been said before, others will step in to fill their shoes and will carry the Tomcat tradition on.

My thanks to this years class for giving me a memorable season. :thumb:

Well said, Blues Brother! These seniors will be long remembered by the Tomcat faithful. But, a new day will dawn and the tradition will carry on.

The tomcats lose 18 starters... Mahan, Thomas, and the younger Bonner(TE) return on offense and Thomas is the only returner on defense. The cats also lose both of their kickers for this year.

Trey Keaton (#59 and a sophomore) started several games on defense - he's going to be a good one.

... Ashland will definitely be in a rebuilding mode next year but do have some talented juniors to be who will fill a lot of the missing pieces. The early part of the season, however, will be a learning situation for the Cats.

The junior class (seniors to be) is small in numbers. Many of our sophomores (juniors to be) will have to step up as you said. I think a lot of our line will come from this class. They need to work hard this winter to make themselves ready for next year.

Trey Keaton (#59 and a sophomore) started several games on defense - he's going to be a good one.

The junior class (seniors to be) is small in numbers. Many of our sophomores (juniors to be) will have to step up as you said. I think a lot of our line will come from this class. They need to work hard this winter to make themselves ready for next year.

:thumb: :thumb:

As an avid Russell Red Devil fan, I would like to tip my hat to the coaches and players of the Tomcat football team for achieving significant success this year. Certainly, after the Raceland loss most people wrote off the Tomcats. But the players and coaches regrouped and had a solid season with some big wins. I think this is a testimony to Coach Hart and his leadership.

I want to especially congratulate the team on thier effort against JCHS. I predicted another steamrolling by JCHS over Ashland, but I was wrong. Again due to tremendous strategy adjustments by the coaches and execution by the players. Definitely something of which to be proud.

Good Luck next year in all your games but one!!!

Go Red Devils--all the way back to the carpet.

Nice Post!!:thumb:

Congrats to the Tomcats on what I believe was a good season. As I said before I can't count ther number of comments I heard about how this years Tomcats were "the worst in 40years"....."would win 4 or 5 at the most" along with others that I can't put in print on this forum. Coach Hart is a fine coach and the Ashland Tomcat Tradition takes a back seat to no one, the Tomcat players have absolutely nothing to hang their heads over. You (players) are part of one of the most proud h.s. sports traditions in the state. I am always pulling for the Cats when they aren't playing Raceland. I admire and respect the Ashland program and what it stands for. I guess you might say I am a "RamblerCat" ;) .