Ryle 81 Campbell County 61

So, when the Ryle coach was still screeching at the top of her lungs towards the end of last year’s game when Campbell had your super human athletes down 20, was she being too emotional?

When one of your highly skilled players, with their unmatched athleticism aggressively fouled twice at the end of that game, just to get off the floor, was that too rough? Certainly it must have been your coach’s fault?

Had Campbell not relaxed last year after smoking the Raiders by 25 plus points for 3 quarters, and if they had just focused, they would have beaten your Ryle team by 50, right?

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

Campbell had taken Ryle to the woodshed 4 straight years and you finally beat them. Congrats.

You have a nice team. Campbell played hard until the end. That is not a crime, and coaching until the end of a game and never giving up is not a crime either. You won. Be proud of your team and quit calling the kettle black and calling a group of high school athletes comical. No one did that after you were drubbed last year.

Good luck to Ryle.

Apologize for striking a nerve. Campbell girls are a good team and played hard.

I was not at last year’s game so I have no idea what your talking about. But your argument is childish, it’s like saying “oh yeah, remember when Campbell was better than Ryle in 1992”. Nothing about last year changes mine and others observations about this year’s game. Defending your coach is not about talking about how bad someone else is. Maybe all those things happened and if they did then I would hope Ryle fans would be sensible enough to critique their coach.

As to comparing last year’s Campbell team to this year’s Ryle team, or comparing Ryle’s players last year athletically and skillwise to this year’s Campbell team. Cmon that’s crazy. At least the comparing of players and their athleticism, etc. Maybe Ryle falls apart down the stretch this year like Campbell did last year, but for this season it’s not a comparison.

I was not at last year’s game so I have no idea what your talking about. But your argument is childish, it’s like saying “oh yeah, remember when Campbell was better than Ryle in 1992”. Nothing about last year changes mine and others observations about this year’s game. Defending your coach is not about talking about how bad someone else is. Maybe all those things happened and if they did then I would hope Ryle fans would be sensible enough to critique their coach.

As to comparing last year’s Campbell team to this year’s Ryle team, or comparing Ryle’s players last year athletically and skillwise to this year’s Campbell team. Cmon that’s crazy. At least the comparing of players and their athleticism, etc. Maybe Ryle falls apart down the stretch this year like Campbell did last year, but for this season it’s not a comparison.

You have completely missed my point. The point was that no one faulted your coach or your team last year for trying to get back in the game.

And as far as a nerve being struck, to the contrary, I believe it struck your nerve that you didn’t put the “inferior” Camels away.

I completely disagree with your assessment of the game. I believe if the camels had come out more focused they would not have got in such a hole. They won the final 3 quarters. I believe your super talented team was exposed for only having a couple truly great ball handlers. They did not handle pressure well at all.

Maybe you just don’t like the CC coach’s style . I can’t stand listening to your Ryle coach the entire game, makes me want to stick my head in a bucket. But whatever.

Campbell had an injury to one of it’s best players right before the Regional tournament last year, so I’m not sure losing a game by one basket without a starter constitutes “falling apart”.

I hope your team doesn’t suffer the same fate. They seem like a nice group of young ladies and they have a shot at the whole thing if healthy.

You have completely missed my point. The point was that no one faulted your coach or your team last year for trying to get back in the game.

And as far as a nerve being struck, to the contrary, I believe it struck your nerve that you didn’t put the “inferior” Camels away.

I completely disagree with your assessment of the game. I believe if the camels had come out more focused they would not have got in such a hole. They won the final 3 quarters. I believe your super talented team was exposed for only having a couple truly great ball handlers. They did not handle pressure well at all.

Maybe you just don’t like the CC coach’s style . I can’t stand listening to your Ryle coach the entire game, makes me want to stick my head in a bucket. But whatever.

Campbell had an injury to one of it’s best players right before the Regional tournament last year, so I’m not sure losing a game by one basket without a starter constitutes “falling apart”.

I hope your team doesn’t suffer the same fate. They seem like a nice group of young ladies and they have a shot at the whole thing if healthy.

So, when the Ryle coach was still screeching at the top of her lungs towards the end of last year’s game when Campbell had your super human athletes down 20, was she being too emotional?

When one of your highly skilled players, with their unmatched athleticism aggressively fouled twice at the end of that game, just to get off the floor, was that too rough? Certainly it must have been your coach’s fault?

Had Campbell not relaxed last year after smoking the Raiders by 25 plus points for 3 quarters, and if they had just focused, they would have beaten your Ryle team by 50, right?

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

Campbell had taken Ryle to the woodshed 4 straight years and you finally beat them.

Don’t have a dog in this fight but it’s always good to have a fact check. We don’t want false information out there :)

Saw the Campbell/Ryle game last year. Ryle was certainly not “getting smoked by 25 and then Campbell relaxed”. Nor do I remember “the super human athletes being down by 20”.

Ryle won the first quarter. Then were down 6-8 at half but was good game. Then CC had a strong 3rd quarter, were up like 15. Ryle scored a lot in 4th trying to climb back in and almost did, but CC hit some big shots. Both teams probably combined for 50 points in the 4th quarter. As far as the Ryle coach losing it though that part is true. I don’t remember any players purposely fouling but Ryle was very frustrated at the end of the game.

As far as “Campbell taking Ryle to the woodshed 4 straight years”. Also seems pretty exaggerated. Campbell did win of course but the scores were within 6-8 points.

As far as the Campbell coach I’m sure there are a lot more stories out there ;). Anyone whose been following girls basketball has seen Coach Menefee in action.

Gotta call this one out! Really don't know any high school coaches that don't care about the kids and winning. They're not doing it for the money... C'MON MAN!

Haha fair enough. Maybe I should have said a coach that is passionate and demonstrative (in a good way).